Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR EcoDiesel, Land Cruiser 79, BMW R1250GS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Just keeping busy
As far as I can tell, that picture is taken from wheel well with the liner out.
Okay, need to check how to do this and do it when I get back from Europe. Thanks for the pointer.
Sponsored

DailyDrivenTJ

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 1999 TJ-6 HEMI, 1998TJ, 2000 XJ 4.6L
Okay, need to check how to do this and do it when I get back from Europe. Thanks for the pointer.
I hope to do this one of these weekends when I install LED turn signals. Plan is to go from the wheel well and add the protective layers.

Reactions: cug

cug

First Name
Guido
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR EcoDiesel, Land Cruiser 79, BMW R1250GS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Just keeping busy
I hope to do this one of these weekends when I install LED turn signals. Plan is to go from the wheel well and add the protective layers.
That's actually a good idea. I might do the LED signals at the same time.

EZRider

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Where is the best place to get a glimpse of this? Meant to tackle it last weekend but, life. Looks like EZRider got the dealership to deal with it... so if I can spot it having an issue, I'll just take it to them as my dealership has been really awesome to deal with.
This came from the article by Diesel Power Product (link below). Thought this may be good information to show the dealership if they resist looking into the issue.
Dash lights flicker followed by Limp Mode or No Start - A fairly uncommon occurrence.
While driving the dash will light up like a Christmas tree, or go completely dark, and the vehicle goes into limp or worse, shuts off altogether. The issue is a wiring harness under the vehicle rubbing on the exhaust.
Once it wears through, you've got all sorts of electrical problems. The location of this
harness is on the passenger side just above the DPF. Look for one of the exhaust connections for the EGR, and you'll see a harness resting on it. Assuming the harness hasn't worn through already, you can tie it out of the way and/or wrap it to protect it and this won't be an issue in the future.

https://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/blog/jeep-wrangler-gladiator-diesel-detailed-breakdown/

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Great thread. Watching.

Provided a link on the JL forum.
Sponsored