Sponsored

What does a Jeep Gladiator have in common with a Harley Davidson?

Griff21

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR LE, 1978 CJ5, 2020 JLU Rubicon
Owning both I would say after purchasing, it's a minimum of at least 5k to get it to be how it should come from the factory. LOL.
Sponsored

NotSo Bright White

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR DIESEL
Occupation
Retire Fireman
Vehicle Showcase
Owning both I would say after purchasing, it's a minimum of at least 5k to get it to be how it should come from the factory. LOL.
I guess the key word is minimum. I can’t even see $5000 in the rear view mirror!

OP
OP
Gladiatorx2

Gladiatorx2

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Police Officer
It looks like we are all mostly in agreement. You just can't leave either the way it came. On my Jeeps from the 1970's and 80's it took a lot of lift to clear bigger tires. Mostly did spring over axle lifts and used up to 38.5 x 15 tires. Back then I broke something mechanical on almost all off road excursions. At that point I saw " just empty every pocket" to mean about the same as " fix or repair daily ". Now to me the money is spent on improving the vehicle and personalization. Thanks to all for your input.

Russ2023

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Jeep Gladiator, ‘03 Wrangler JT, ‘00 HD FLSTS
Occupation
Retired IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
The first thing that popped in my head was that with the bike, the prick’s on the outside and with the other, the prick’s on the inside.

Then I realized I was thinking about the difference between a porcupine and a Porsche. 😏

Trophyhill

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Occupation
Construction
I own a 22 SGST and have sunk over 6 g's in it thus far. And gonna do a Stage 2 soon. I've had my Mojave for 3 weeks and spent over a grand so far. When I found out JW Speaker also makes the Daymaker headlight on my bike, guess what's coming next? There goes another grand. Good thing I've already sunk a bunch into my number 1 hobby of backcountry bowhunting.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Trophyhill

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Occupation
Construction
HARLEY -walk into the dealer there goes a c note
JEEP - order mods there goes a c note and more., and more and more
Used to be "another hundred dollars". Them days is long gone lol

Sweetums

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 LJR, '21 JTDR, '00 VFR800, RSV4, '11 MTS 1200
King of the Baggers Race 1 | 2024
$110,000 to turn the lap times of a track-prepped Ninja 400 worth $7,000.
Let someone run a Goldwing and we will see how those things do with some real competition.

Trophyhill

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Occupation
Construction
$110,000 to turn the lap times of a track-prepped Ninja 400 worth $7,000.
Let someone run a Goldwing and we will see how those things do with some real competition.
Ha too funny. No I'd rather watch the Harley's and the Indians. However I'm not sure a Goldwing can corner as well as my SGST.

Sweetums

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ha too funny. No I'd rather watch the Harley's and the Indians. However I'm not sure a Goldwing can corner as well as my SGST.
You'd be surprised how fast a Goldwing can be in the hands of a capable rider. I rode the smaller sibling, the ST1300, for years and managed to outrun guys on liter sports bikes while loaded for a week-long trip. Chief Joseph Pass in Wyoming was where a guy on a Ducati 1098 discovered he simply could not shake the big Honda bagger dogging him in every corner and he nearly crashed himself trying.

Goldwings are stupid-capable in stock form. Like "11 minutes to complete Tail of the Dragon" fast (and notice how he doesn't blow his corners like everyone else?) This is also the previous-generation of Goldwing, the current bike is even more capable and even lighter.

Sponsored

hdinsect

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Welding Instructor
You might find the answer in my avatar

Trophyhill

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Occupation
Construction
A couple things I'm aware of other than the obvious made to accessorize, there are a couple that cross over to both brands, I mentioned JW Speaker. There's another for the Mojave owners. I installed RWD adjustable piggyback reservoir shocks on my Streetglide ST. Well these shocks come from Russ Weirmont who is huge in the desert racing offroad shocks on jeeps and other offroad vehicles. Probably better than Fox.

Trophyhill

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Occupation
Construction
You'd be surprised how fast a Goldwing can be in the hands of a capable rider. I rode the smaller sibling, the ST1300, for years and managed to outrun guys on liter sports bikes while loaded for a week-long trip. Chief Joseph Pass in Wyoming was where a guy on a Ducati 1098 discovered he simply could not shake the big Honda bagger dogging him in every corner and he nearly crashed himself trying.

Goldwings are stupid-capable in stock form. Like "11 minutes to complete Tail of the Dragon" fast (and notice how he doesn't blow his corners like everyone else?) This is also the previous-generation of Goldwing, the current bike is even more capable and even lighter.
That goes with any bike. The key words capable rider. How bout we meet in Sturgis next month and go for a ride? Lots of great places to ride once we get away from all the mayhem. 😉

Sweetums

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That goes with any bike. The key words capable rider. How bout we meet in Sturgis next month and go for a ride? Lots of great places to ride once we get away from all the mayhem. 😉
I appreciate the offer, but I don't think Sturgis is my scene. We avoid the whole area during the time, but try to hit it about a week on either side because all the RVs avoid it for the whole month, so the roads are clear. Plus, I don't think my current Ducati is quite "Sturgis" material.

Trophyhill

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Occupation
Construction
I appreciate the offer, but I don't think Sturgis is my scene. We avoid the whole area during the time, but try to hit it about a week on either side because all the RVs avoid it for the whole month, so the roads are clear. Plus, I don't think my current Ducati is quite "Sturgis" material.
Fair enough. Next time you're in NM, gimme a shout. I typically can ride year round here. But now that I have the Mojave, I may give the bike a break
Sponsored

Last edited: