Sponsored

Mopar Soft Top Install - How Long? Hints?

muttinthehut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland North Ed
Just took delivery of mine and came with the hard top / soft top option. How long does it take to install the soft top? Is it an all day thing or a couple of hours? Any hints for the install?

I did a top replacement on our Miata and that was a three weekend ordeal. Please tell me it's not that bad.
Sponsored

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty simple and straightforward install. It took me about 2 hours to install it the first time. There is a good YouTube video out there that covers it.

OP
OP

muttinthehut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great to hear! Panicked at first when I opened the box and saw all the parts. I'll definitely check out the video. Thank you!

Sponsored

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I followed the quadratec video when I did mine.
That is the very video I was referring too. It was pretty short watch time and really explained the install process well.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Yep as others have said the Quadratec video was great. I only ran into one small hiccup so to speak was when trying to put on the left passenger side piece. Had to spend a bit of extra time getting it to line up correctly. Strangely though the Right side was no issue at all. Took about 2 hours to do everything taking my time

jrb517

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow - Bright White, 2008 BMW 328i e93
Occupation
Software
Just took delivery of mine and came with the hard top / soft top option. How long does it take to install the soft top? Is it an all day thing or a couple of hours? Any hints for the install?

I did a top replacement on our Miata and that was a three weekend ordeal. Please tell me it's not that bad.
It takes a few months to install. You really won't like it. I'll take it off of your hands for ya.... kidding, enjoy going topless! ;)

OP
OP

muttinthehut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well - it was indeed 2 hours. The instructions in the box are a bit cryptic so the video was really helpful. The only issue I ran into is getting the back window tucked in. I can't seem to get one side to tuck in under the lip. I'm hoping the acrylic and fabric will stretch a bit. Appreciate the guidance and the video rec.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well - it was indeed 2 hours. The instructions in the box are a bit cryptic so the video was really helpful. The only issue I ran into is getting the back window tucked in. I can't seem to get one side to tuck in under the lip. I'm hoping the acrylic and fabric will stretch a bit. Appreciate the guidance and the video rec.
If you can get it into the sun and get it heated up it will stretch out a bit. Mine was tough also but I managed to get it in. Double check the instructions and the video as I originally tried to do mine wrong and it wouldn't go in

Sponsored

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I have found the key is just getting one end to start and using the palm of your hand to walk it along. It is a little tough but after you do it a few times you kind of get the hang of it and it does become a lot easier to undo and connect. The bottom on the back window should be the last bit to go into the groove and standing in the bed of the truck helps with leverage.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s my video. YMMV GOOD LUCK.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here’s my video. YMMV GOOD LUCK.
Yea the I had to ditch my rear mopar hand grips as well they would not work. And I specifically asked them at the parts place if they would fit and they said sure. Now they sit in box and eventually I will find some others that fit there.

Is there a way to tighten up the soft top claps mine are fairly loose and sometimes just unlatch by themselves if I hit a bump or something. Especially the one on the Passenger side

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Yea the I had to ditch my rear mopar hand grips as well they would not work. And I specifically asked them at the parts place if they would fit and they said sure. Now they sit in box and eventually I will find some others that fit there.

Is there a way to tighten up the soft top claps mine are fairly loose and sometimes just unlatch by themselves if I hit a bump or something. Especially the one on the Passenger side
As I understand things the clamps are being replaced when they don’t latch properly.
Sponsored

Reactions: BAT