First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Computers
I don't know how much the Wrangler and the Gladiator share from under the rear seat back, but that's where it looks like the battery pack goes. Wondering if that's a much larger packaging headache compared to the interior and grille changes. I'm definitely not an expert, just speculating.
Sponsored

Jaybre007

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Production Control Clerk
As I mentioned, I do have the Wrangler 4xe, and it's mostly fun until the battery is depleted <1% , then you're pretty much relying on the 2.0T, and if you don't keep it in higher RPM it lagging and there's a ton of shifting going on to compensate. Don't get me wrong, I still love the 4xe for the purpose I got it, but it's not my preference for longer trips fully loaded and pulling a trailer.
We have the 4xe JGC and I have yet to tow with it, I choose the ICE Jeep Gladiator for that. Glad to hear about someone who has towed with the 4xe as I was curious. Thanks for sharing.

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
meh

MY24.... got a screen, power seats, steel bumpers on the Mojave and ridiculous upcharge packaging.

Upcharging packages........on the MY24 JLUR, if you want painted fenders you have to pay $10k more for the Rubicon X
FFS they need to stop painting fender LOL (yes mine are painted that's all they had)

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
All very good points and makes total sense.

Which is why I'm fairly certain you're a witch and should be burned at the stake.
Dad, is that you?

Signed, Hunter

Agreed with the poster who said use a small engine to rec harge the battery like was done in last years Dakar rally.

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
"By 2025 we’ve said we’ll electrify the entire range, so by deduction you know that’s coming." added Morrison when asked about a Gladiator 4xe.

Has anyone brought up that maybe what he's saying is the Gladiator will be killed off... not that it will be given 4xe treatment? That they're just slow playing the death by playing kick the can down the road in public and then just pull the plug.

cranbiz

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2017 WK2 Trailhawk, 2012 JK
Occupation
IT Analyst, Volunteer Firefighter
Painted fenders look better than the black plastic ones.
That is something we do not agree on. I much prefer the black fenders. To me the, body matched fenders and top, it's too much color and no contrast. I will say though, the painted hard top in some colors does look good as long as it's with the black fenders. Others will disagree with me and it's OK. One should buy what they like.

The last thing I wanted was painted fenders and a painted hard top. I found my JTR with black fenders and a painted hard top in Snazzberry. It actually looks really good in this configuration.

flsupraguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
"By 2025 we’ve said we’ll electrify the entire range, so by deduction you know that’s coming." added Morrison when asked about a Gladiator 4xe.

Has anyone brought up that maybe what he's saying is the Gladiator will be killed off... not that it will be given 4xe treatment? That they're just slow playing the death by playing kick the can down the road in public and then just pull the plug.
exactly my thoughts

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I'm with J.O.Y.ride. the black plastic is hideous, I've yet to see a single color I prefer unpainted fenders on. Just looks unfinished and kind of cheap.

The top on the other hand certain colors need it to be color matches and others should stick to black.

Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red

It's possible but seems unlikely they would have even bothered spending on a refresh for a single model year, especially things like re-rating towing and payload if it was a dead model walking.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
It's possible but seems unlikely they would have even bothered spending on a refresh for a single model year, especially things like re-rating towing and payload if it was a dead model walking.
It's the same refresh as the Wrangler. It would very likely cost them more to maintain the Gladiator separately from the Wrangler.

When the 392 was going out they mad a small run of 392 Wranglers just because they could. They knew the engine was going to be discontinued but didn't care, did it anyways.

The Gladiator could be on the way out and they're just going 1 cycle of the refresh.

Possible.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
It's the same refresh as the Wrangler. It would very likely cost them more to maintain the Gladiator separately from the Wrangler.

When the 392 was going out they mad a small run of 392 Wranglers just because they could. They knew the engine was going to be discontinued but didn't care, did it anyways.

The Gladiator could be on the way out and they're just going 1 cycle of the refresh.

Possible.
Yes and no, if it didn't have the side curtains I'd agree. But the gladiator side curtains is a completely different design than the wranglers so that alone is quite a bit of money, especially when it goes in for crash testing now. Also the towing re-rate isn't free either.

Stellantis lately tells people it's the final call on niche vehicles because it moves existing stock. Nothing makes people buy a gladiator charger or challenger like knowing it's the last time you'll be able to.

I'm not saying it's not possible, but I'd put the chances pretty darn low.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned that the 2020 Gladiator was revealed with just the 3.6L and then 2021 marked the intro of the diesel. Jeep can get 2024 buzz/sales off the 2024 "updates" and then additional buzz/sales from a 2025 4xe version. That's more marketing than anything else.

And I don't get the "Gladiator is going to be killed" narrative. Yes sales are down, but so are a lot of brands/models. The chip shortage is real and you know Stellantis is going to give every available part to the Wrangler moreso than the Gladiator. As recently as 2021 sales of the JT topped 90,000. That's during the pandemic. Automakers are finding ways to develop trucks, not kill them.

And yes the Dakota is coming, but from all accounts, it's going to be marketed below the Gladiator; especially from a price perspective. Stellantis has plenty of room to market below the $45-$65K range of the Gladiator.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
I'm with J.O.Y.ride. the black plastic is hideous, I've yet to see a single color I prefer unpainted fenders on. Just looks unfinished and kind of cheap.

The top on the other hand certain colors need it to be color matches and others should stick to black.
Firecracker unpainted checking in. MINES BETTER THAN YOURS! ;)

The less paint the better imo. I couldn't care less if a gouge is in my unpainted, but would if they were painted.
Sponsored