First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Willys Sport
Occupation
Radiology InfoSys
Hey Y'all, Just picked up a 23' Willys Sport Gladiator the other day and was wondering what the other owners thoughts were on a spray liner like Line-X Premium vs a removable non-damaging liner like BedRug or other mats?

The truck will likely see very light duty and be used for camping trips, lighter trails etc.

Anyone with either option that has thoughts, regrets or "would haves"?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
If you’re going to cover the bed (I.e. Camper shell) and just use it to carry some gear around, I guess I get the bed rug thing. Otherwise, Line-X or equivalent.

OP
OP

MidloMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Willys Sport
Occupation
Radiology InfoSys
If you’re going to cover the bed (I.e. Camper shell) and just use it to carry some gear around, I guess I get the bed rug thing. Otherwise, Line-X or equivalent.
I'm thinking for the small price differential, this may be a "buy once, cry once" and I should just get it sprayed.

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
I'm thinking for the small price differential, this may be a "buy once, cry once" and I should just get it sprayed.
Yeah, I would not let the small price difference (small in the grand scheme of things) drive the decision.

Sponsored

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tahoe
I have the Line X on my '21 and it's been great. It's definitely worth the price you pay. Nothing against the bed rug but I would skip it unless you got a camper shell. Even with my tonneau cover there is some water intrusion by the tail gate.

KWin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise, BMW 328I, Toyota Tacoma, Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Engineer
I love my line x. I have picked up loads of dirt and dragged things all over that stuff and it washes clean and holds up well (note I have a cover so limited UV exposure)

WanderingJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Blue Overland - Prev, 2014 Polar JKU
Occupation
contract manager
I went with bed rug (the more rug version) and love it. We use the bed for drive-ins as well, and the padding from it was fine. With linex, they just scratch your bed up, so why not just bed rug for now and if when its scratched up, remove the rug, linex and reinstall...otherwise, both

Sponsored

NotSo Bright White

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR DIESEL
Occupation
Retire Fireman
Vehicle Showcase
I did Line-X and then got a camper. After crawling in a few times, I quickly bought a bed rug and my knees appreciate it. I actually love the dual protection but I wish I would have got the rug that goes up the sides of the bed for extra insulation on cold nights.

loganjeeps

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon, 96 Chevy 3500, 89 XJ (project)
Line-X if your using the JT as a truck. Bed Rug if your using the JT as a Jeep/SUV. Sounds like your use is better candidate for Bed Rug. I did Bed Rug and no regrets, my JT replaced a Grand Cherokee but I have a full size Chevrolet for truck stuff.

RubiNewbCB

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD, 07 Mustang GT, 05 Hoe, 90 Fox body 393W
Occupation
USN Seabee (1994-2021Ret.) / Current status DoD Contractor
Bed Rug if you're camping out of the bed, your knees will appreciate it.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
I had the factory bedliner, and added the full bed rug classic (the more carpet like material) with the side wall covers once I put an ARE topper on.

Expensive add ons, but it really does feel like the inside of an SUV back there now (awesome for my use) and does a good job of keeping your gear in the bed dry as it acts as a drainage layer between your stuff and the bed surface. It doesn't absorb water and is open weave meaning water will stay mostly off your stuff and find its way to the drains in the corners of the bed. It also keeps your stuff from sliding around.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase