First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon "Betsy"
Occupation
Veteran
Anyone running the rugged ridge voyager soft top? If you are can you do me a favor and make a video rolling it up and rolling the back up?
Sponsored

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.
Bought mine last year. Swap the hard top back for the winter. I’ll see what I can do for video when I put it back on this year.
In the meantime, here’s pics with it folded back to front and front flipped back.

28C0B4B3-5160-45EA-8256-2EFEFD818A11.jpeg

9335EE10-9123-472F-ACEE-B953611BC737.jpeg

4D0FE10D-80C2-4845-969B-CD32D26C5149.jpeg

EDAFA2FC-D7AB-4B06-867A-34F39E23387F.jpeg

GHWillys

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Gladiator, 2019 Honda Pilot
How is the wind noise on the highway?
I don't think it is any worse than any other jeep with a soft top. You have to take the clips that the freedom panels attach to on the windshield off before installing the anchors for the voyager soft top. If you don't it won't seal well above the windshield.

I am hoping to put mine back on in the next few weekends.

I think it is a great option, but I am not concerned about the noise. This is something that is always hard to explain on the forum because everyone's tolerance to the ambient noise is subjective. It seems there are a lot of people who buy Jeeps and expect the same quiet ride they had in there non convertible SUV.

GHWillys

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone running the rugged ridge voyager soft top? If you are can you do me a favor and make a video rolling it up and rolling the back up?
I haven't put mine back on yet. Hoping to put it back on in the next few weeks. It. It is simple to fold the back over the roll bar. You should be able to get a good idea from @jjdustr340 photos.

Rugged Ridge says on their website that you shouldn't drive with the back folded open. I haven't run my top with the back folded open on the interstate, but I have run it that way for short trips at about 60mph with no issues.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ArmyMP

ArmyMP

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Veteran
Bought mine last year. Swap the hard top back for the winter. I’ll see what I can do for video when I put it back on this year.
In the meantime, here’s pics with it folded back to front and front flipped back.

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Voyager? Whos running it? EDAFA2FC-D7AB-4B06-867A-34F39E23387F

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Voyager? Whos running it? EDAFA2FC-D7AB-4B06-867A-34F39E23387F

Thanks. My issue is my RTT sits above my mopar soft top so I can't fold it back. Hoping the back on the voyager is just fabric and I can snake it in and out from under my RTT.

And my mopar makes an ungodly racket when the tent is above it.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I don't think it is any worse than any other jeep with a soft top. You have to take the clips that the freedom panels attach to on the windshield off before installing the anchors for the voyager soft top. If you don't it won't seal well above the windshield.

I am hoping to put mine back on in the next few weekends.

I think it is a great option, but I am not concerned about the noise. This is something that is always hard to explain on the forum because everyone's tolerance to the ambient noise is subjective. It seems there are a lot of people who buy Jeeps and expect the same quiet ride they had in there non convertible SUV.
I get what you're saying, wife has a softop on her jlu and I have the sunrider so just mostly wanted to make sure that this seals about as well as those. One of the other after marker soft tops on here was mentioned that it flaps horribly at highway speeds which would drive me crazy

GHWillys

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. My issue is my RTT sits above my mopar soft top so I can't fold it back. Hoping the back on the voyager is just fabric and I can snake it in and out from under my RTT.

And my mopar makes an ungodly racket when the tent is above it.
Here are pictures of one of the back corner panels.
The window just has velcro along the top and zippers and velcro on both sides. I would think you should be able to take them off even with the RTT.

20230503_131415.jpg

20230503_131406.jpg

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
You have to take the clips that the freedom panels attach to on the windshield off before installing the anchors for the voyager soft top. If you don't it won't seal well above the windshield.
Do you mind taking some pictures of that area when you put it back on? From some of the photos I've seen a lot of people have an issue with it seating flush. I bought one a couple months ago but I've been waiting for a hot day to put it on.

GHWillys

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you mind taking some pictures of that area when you put it back on? From some of the photos I've seen a lot of people have an issue with it seating flush. I bought one a couple months ago but I've been waiting for a hot day to put it on.
I am not putting mine on for a few weeks. It just got cold here again.....

It is this piece that anchors the freedom top. You need to remove it before installing the clip for the voyager top. If you just put the hook for the voyager top over this piece the front will not seal tight.

20230504_165059.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
ArmyMP

ArmyMP

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Veteran
I think I'm going to pull the trigger. Found a guy that wants to trade his voyager for my gmrs radio.

These pics pretty much sealed the deal for me. I think I'll be able to go top less with the RTT on again.

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
I am not putting mine on for a few weeks. It just got cold here again.....

It is this piece that anchors the freedom top. You need to remove it before installing the clip for the voyager top. If you just put the hook for the voyager top over this piece the front will not seal tight.
I meant from the outside. I keep seeing a lot of pictures where it doesn't line up straight/flush with the top of the windshield like it does in the pictures from Rampage/Rugged Ridge.

GHWillys

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I meant from the outside. I keep seeing a lot of pictures where it doesn't line up straight/flush with the top of the windshield like it does in the pictures from Rampage/Rugged Ridge.
You are in SC so you will probably put yours on before me.

I had sealing issues when I first put mine on because I didn't remove that piece. Once I removed it and reinstalled the clips the fit was fine.

Wait until the temperature is above 80 and let the top sit out in the sun for a few hours before you install it. This will allow the fabric to stretch for a tight fit.

danimal2000

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
anyone using voyager top with rugged ridge eclipse sunshade? says it "plays nice" but wondering if anyone has experience, positives/negatives of trying to have both installed

GHWillys

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
anyone using voyager top with rugged ridge eclipse sunshade? says it "plays nice" but wondering if anyone has experience, positives/negatives of trying to have both installed
I don't own the Rugged Ridge sun shade but based on the pictures I saw online I don't see why it wouldn't work with the top installed.
I am using the Alien Sunshade on my JT. I just put my Voyager top back on today and left both front and back sunshades on under the top withouth any issues. It makes it a little more difficult to flip the front section open since I have to reach out the window and around the roll bar, but it still works fine.

I like not having the hot sun beating down on me, plus my wife just had surgery to remove Melanoma so keeping the shade was important.
Sponsored