Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
I don’t know where you are, and I would normally agree but flash floods are definitely a thing around here. I had to get on top of a ridge last year and wait one out while my wife and I were out screwing around in a wash when it started raining. I pulled up to the high ground and we just sat and watched all the washes turn into the Colorado River.

Once they went down enough to allow us to cross safely I got the hell out of there headed for blacktop, ever thankful for a capable off road vehicle.
That did happen to me once in southern Arizona. I had to wait until the water went down and rebuild the road to get out. Our arroyo behind our house here in ABQ floods sometimes, but we've built a holding pond to protect the house - so far.
Sponsored

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
AZ has the stupid motorist law. Idiots and their bro-dozers think they can conquer anything.

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
Some times it’s best not to know. . .
I don't know why but this reminds me of my old XJ. The power steering pulley was warped and would throw the belt when i redlined it boggin through mudholes so deep the water was up over the window. HAHAHA That thing was fun and it had tires i got from my friend take off a 95 mustang LOL. It would diesel when i shut it off too that would blow a vacuum line off the carb that was nearly impossible to start without. It took me forever to figure that out. I had to stick a screwdriver in teh carb to get it to start. Boy this was a tangent.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
I don't know why but this reminds me of my old XJ. The power steering pulley was warped and would throw the belt when i redlined it boggin through mudholes so deep the water was up over the window. HAHAHA That thing was fun and it had tires i got from my friend take off a 95 mustang LOL. It would diesel when i shut it off too that would blow a vacuum line off the carb that was nearly impossible to start without. It took me forever to figure that out. I had to stick a screwdriver in teh carb to get it to start. Boy this was a tangent.
Reminds me of shutting off the truck while driving and pumping the accelerator pedal, then switching the ignition back on and igniting the unburned fuel in the system, shooting flames out the tailpipe. Blew up many a muffler, but worked at Western Auto so $19.99 mufflers were worth it!

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I've had this beast in water up over the hood a couple of times. Crossing a creek and hit a hole. Or going down a creek bank. Only to find out that part of it has washed out from a rain storm. After every water crossing. I had to replace both the idler, and belt tensioner pulleys.

Rausch Creek 4.JPG

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Cburd61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Reminds me of shutting off the truck while driving and pumping the accelerator pedal, then switching the ignition back on and igniting the unburned fuel in the system, shooting flames out the tailpipe. Blew up many a muffler, but worked at Western Auto so $19.99 mufflers were worth it!
I got pulled over for doing that in town once, about 11 at night. It set off half of the alarms on the block. Cop asked me what the problem was. I said I thought the timing may have jumped a tooth. He told me take it home and fix it before I drove through there again.

Scott0700

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employed
If there was a shoe sale on the other side, my wife would have attempted that crossing.
Sponsored