Well Gang It's been a Blast

chr15m

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Mojave
I think they are subjected to the 25% "Chicken Tax" on trucks built outside the USA. I doubt many will make it here because of that.
Correct, our sales person was keenly aware of this as well. Probably why most stock is done via orders. Its a low sales volume vehicle though, I think Ineos accounts for that, their whole modus operandi is really a labor of love and not purely for profit.
Sponsored

AmosMoses

First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Manufacturing
Well I came in here fully prepared to make fun of your new purchase but the grenadier looks like an awesome truck and I say "congratulations!". Iam glad someone across the pond is carrying out the Defender legacy ?

OP
OP
IslandFalconer

IslandFalconer

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, BMW R9T, BMW X4M40i
Occupation
Falconer
For anyone unsure about the B58 ZF 8 combination. I have had 2 BMW X4M40i’s with that drivetrain. I have had zero issues. That is pretty much the bmw Go To drivetrain. I also have a G87 M2 with the S58 making well over 475 HP and no problems. I think the drivetrain is the least of my worries with the Grenadier.

Sponsored

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Grounds manager
Well Everyone,

I wanted to thank this forum for the helpful tips and tricks ive learned along the way. It made working on the Gladiator a lot of fun.
Sadly I'm saying goodbye to the Gladiator next week. Purchased new in 2021 I've put 100 000 KM on it, only warranty repair were a driveshaft hangar bearing, and the tailgate stop light. It's been a remarkable truck. But It's just not My Dad's Gladiator. And it is time to say goodbye.

Next Week I'll be picking up my New Ineos Grenadier. How good it is remains to be discovered, the price of early adoption!

But the Gladiator has been a blast.

I'll bne posting a parts sale thread, I have a bunch of stuff that im going to pass along

Goose Gear Platform High
Bullet Point phone mount 3 Ball Red and Grey Arms
Bestop Sun Rider Premium
Tonneau Cover
Winch Mount
Winch Block off plates
Winch front Bumper PLate
Invictus Sunglasses cases and grab handle kits black
and a bunch of other odds and ends.

Thanks for the Forum, and thanks for just being a good bunch of people.

Jeep Gladiator Well Gang It's been a Blast e84715c9-9073-416d-925d-9eecdd5b2470_text

Jeep Gladiator Well Gang It's been a Blast e84715c9-9073-416d-925d-9eecdd5b2470_text
What made you realize the driveshaft bearing needed replaced?

OP
OP
IslandFalconer

IslandFalconer

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Falconer
Well I came in here fully prepared to make fun of your new purchase but the grenadier looks like an awesome truck and I say "congratulations!". Iam glad someone across the pond is carrying out the Defender legacy ?
I Always wanted a defender but couldn’t justify getting a 20 year old truck that was $80k or more once imported to canada. And than dealing with any issue it may have at 20 years old. The grenadier was a close as I could get to a new defender that’s “not a defender” I like the big box of a truck, and its utilitarian underpinnings. Time will tell if I made a $100k mistake.

OP
OP
IslandFalconer

IslandFalconer

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Falconer
What made you realize the driveshaft bearing needed replaced?
It was squeaking. They replaced the entire shaft because at the time the hangar was not available as a separate part

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Truck was traded with the cap, you can meet me at the dealership and see if they’ll sell it to you. I have to pick up the Grenadier in Mississauga
Thanks for the idea, I am up in Sudbury so bit far to see if they would sell it. Lemme know when you’re doing the trade and I will call them.

Hope that new ride is awesome!

Last edited:

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Good luck, I thought they were really cool. I was hoping it wouldnt be as under powered as the gladiator though and it sadly is so for me it just didn't scratch the itch of having good performance.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gecko4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JTRD, 2023 Punkin Farout Diesel
Occupation
Sales
Interested in the tonneau cover and possibly the Bestop sun rider. I’m an hour from Mississauga. Send me a pm or a link to your sale post

ALT2870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Freedom
Well I was going to wait for your thread but if you are thinking about holding things I'd be down for the bumper winch plate cover. Still need one for mine.

Edit: If those winch fills are the ones that replace the trim plate near the grill those possibly as well.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Congrats on the Ineos. You’ll LOVE those seats!

WestwallNF104A

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Antique dealer
Well Everyone,

I wanted to thank this forum for the helpful tips and tricks ive learned along the way. It made working on the Gladiator a lot of fun.
Sadly I'm saying goodbye to the Gladiator next week. Purchased new in 2021 I've put 100 000 KM on it, only warranty repair were a driveshaft hangar bearing, and the tailgate stop light. It's been a remarkable truck. But It's just not My Dad's Gladiator. And it is time to say goodbye.

Next Week I'll be picking up my New Ineos Grenadier. How good it is remains to be discovered, the price of early adoption!

But the Gladiator has been a blast.

I'll bne posting a parts sale thread, I have a bunch of stuff that im going to pass along

Goose Gear Platform High
Bullet Point phone mount 3 Ball Red and Grey Arms
Bestop Sun Rider Premium
Tonneau Cover
Winch Mount
Winch Block off plates
Winch front Bumper PLate
Invictus Sunglasses cases and grab handle kits black
and a bunch of other odds and ends.

Thanks for the Forum, and thanks for just being a good bunch of people.

I was seriously looking at the Grenadier before finally settling on the Gladiator. Lack of support in my area is why I went Jeep.

Let us know how you like it please!