Sponsored

So long, farewell (traded in JT Overland)

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Ladies, gentlemen, fellow Jeep owners - it is with a heavy heart that I bid you all farewell. I have traded in my 2020 Overland for a 2023 Ram Rebel. The wife and I have plans to haul something later in life (a few years out) and I decided that I wanted to be debt-free upon being eligible for retirement. As such, I took the plunge after receiving one of those "We can get you in a new ride for the same price you're paying today" postcards from the dealership. In summary, they offered an insane amount for trade-in value, and my JT was almost paid off. As such, I was able to put a significant amount down on the Rebel and plan for the future.

I can say without hesitation that this forum has been the absolute best one I have participated in over the years - the content layout is great, the advice I received from others has been spectacular, and the ideas you all have given me for my rig have been instrumental during the past three years. Many, many thanks for everyone's camaraderie, humor, input, feedback, and sharing of experiences.

I wish you all the best of luck with your JTs. I will see some of you on the trails, as I expect to continue exploring with the new rig (photo attached).

For anyone interested, AutoNation has posted my trade-in here: https://www.autonationchryslerdodge...ladiator-6120a1f30a0e081d0a2af4d354573b00.htm

20230220_163717_resized.jpg
Sponsored

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
Congrats! I'm sure I am not the only one, but I heavily debated a Rebel prior to purchasing the gladiator. You'll love it!

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Congratulations. I may be in the same type of situation here soon but still on the fence. I might need to move back into a Ram 1500. But damn giving up the JT would about kill me

OP
OP
AZJT

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Congratulations. I may be in the same type of situation here soon but still on the fence. I might need to move back into a Ram 1500. But damn giving up the JT would about kill me
I hear ya - I debated just keeping the JT as a toy and going with the Ram as my DD, but went in a different direction once I saw the trade-in offer.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I keep dabbling but im going to wait until after this camping season before really evaluating again.

congrats!

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Cheers!

Congrats on the killer deal and the retirement plans!

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tahoe
Congrats and good luck. Enjoy the retirement when it happens.

TigerInFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Mojave
Occupation
Design & Sell Inground Pools
we are wanting to go full time RVing but we would probably go class A and just tow it.

the thing stopping us is the cost of freaking health insurance for three years. guess we have to keep working until we hit that magical 65 number.

congrats on your new ride.

Sponsored

Raven65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
That's a great-looking truck... congrats! Best of luck in your eventual retirement.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
I came from a 2020 Ram Laramie 1500. An awesome truck and one that I think about often. I wanted to get away from a full-size truck and into a mid., so I ordered my JT. That smooth Mojave ride with plenty of attitude that commands attention. Combined with the Selec-Trac, it is the best driving vehicle I have ever experienced in harsh Winter conditions here in the northland.

As I am a few weeks away from my 1st anniversary, I'm starting to think ahead toward the next trade-in time in less than a couple of years. I'm a Mopar guy, but if STLA doesn't come up with an ICE mid-sized truck to compete in the segment, I may need to jump ship from the brand altogether for something else.

Can't keep everything. If I could, this JT would stick around for Winter driving, but financial and space limitations won't allow. Having a wife that hates everything about it even after a year of "convincing" makes it difficult as well.

Congrats on an amazing looking Ram! You will love it. It was a pleasure having you as a part of this forum. Stay in touch! ;)

OP
OP
AZJT

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
What did they give you for yours if you don't mind sharing?
They ended up giving me $36,500 + $1,750 for sticking with a Chrysler-branded vehicle (or whatever Chrysler is called these days - Stellantis?). They originally shot me a $35k quote, but I advocated for more - told them I had 35s on it, bed liner, tonneau cover, and other aspects of the Overland package they didn't know about (leather interior, 8.4" screen, upgraded Alpine system). I didn't have much of a balance, so I was able to put the entire difference as a down payment on the Rebel - very happy so far.

OP
OP
AZJT

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
P.S. The retirement eligibility date is a few years out (not sure if I will or not as soon as I'm eligible - we shall see). I'm just planning ahead for now.
Sponsored