Sponsored

So long, farewell (traded in JT Overland)

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave Sarge
Occupation
Gunsmith
I'm a Jeep guy. I bought the JT for various reasons. I like the mid-size. I pull a camper that weighs around 4K. My JT struggles a little with it but not enough to justify getting something else. But if I did...The Rebel is a nice package.

KevinC
Sponsored

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
CONGRATS we all know time changes things
In this fk up world today who knows what will happen tomorrow.

shredX

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Congrats! If I did not have the Jeep, the Rebel would be top of the list.

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
WOW we must have "Jeep waved" at each other at some point.

I know where that picture is... my wife teaches at a school 1/2 a mile from that shopping center and my boys graduated from the HS behind it.

We bought a Gladiator and a Wrangler from that same dealership and then another 2 more Gladiators from Bill Luke. (See my picture)

Good Luck!

Last edited:

Fox940

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator, 2010 Power Wagon, 1958 Willys p/u
They ended up giving me $36,500 + $1,750 for sticking with a Chrysler-branded vehicle (or whatever Chrysler is called these days - Stellantis?). They originally shot me a $35k quote, but I advocated for more - told them I had 35s on it, bed liner, tonneau cover, and other aspects of the Overland package they didn't know about (leather interior, 8.4" screen, upgraded Alpine system). I didn't have much of a balance, so I was able to put the entire difference as a down payment on the Rebel - very happy so far.
Sad thing is compared to what they were going for a year ago that isn't great. Trade in values have tanked in the last 6 months.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Sad thing is compared to what they were going for a year ago that isn't great. Trade in values have tanked in the last 6 months.
Yeah, I was wondering that because I got something like $41,500 for my 2020 last July. 27,000 miles and they wanted all mods stripped from it (except the passive entry I added - they loved that and the fact it was added to the VIN)

I gave up the camper a few years ago. My wife prefers hotels to camping and doesn't like traveling with a trailer on behind. So all I need to tow is my car hauler.
Sold the boat, sold the camper.

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
Ladies, gentlemen, fellow Jeep owners - it is with a heavy heart that I bid you all farewell. I have traded in my 2020 Overland for a 2023 Ram Rebel. The wife and I have plans to haul something later in life (a few years out) and I decided that I wanted to be debt-free upon being eligible for retirement. As such, I took the plunge after receiving one of those "We can get you in a new ride for the same price you're paying today" postcards from the dealership. In summary, they offered an insane amount for trade-in value, and my JT was almost paid off. As such, I was able to put a significant amount down on the Rebel and plan for the future.

I can say without hesitation that this forum has been the absolute best one I have participated in over the years - the content layout is great, the advice I received from others has been spectacular, and the ideas you all have given me for my rig have been instrumental during the past three years. Many, many thanks for everyone's camaraderie, humor, input, feedback, and sharing of experiences.

I wish you all the best of luck with your JTs. I will see some of you on the trails, as I expect to continue exploring with the new rig (photo attached).

For anyone interested, AutoNation has posted my trade-in here: https://www.autonationchryslerdodge...ladiator-6120a1f30a0e081d0a2af4d354573b00.htm

20230220_163717_resized.jpg
How miles did you have on the 2020 gladiator when you traded it in

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
You had enjoyed it some, then. Also likely part of the differences in trade. There are certain thresholds after which numbers really change.

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Jeep Gladiator So long, farewell (traded in JT Overland) dan-akroyd-quit-smokin

No one likes a quitter.

JUICEBOX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Nice, good choice on the Ram as it’s a much better choice in a truck and far more comfortable. The gladiator is nice as a secondary vehicle but not a great choice in a primary truck.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Beautiful truck! Enjoy, and Cheers!

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Nice, good choice on the Ram as it’s a much better choice in a truck and far more comfortable. The gladiator is nice as a secondary vehicle but not a great choice in a primary truck.
It's our primary truck.
Sponsored