Sponsored

THE FIX FOR LOCKERS: Blinking lights, service axle locker system, lockers wont engage/disengage

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Custom Jeep Builder

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.doetschoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Rubicon,. 2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Jeep Customizer
JL/JT Locker issues:
Locker Lights Blinking
Service Locker System Error message
Lockers not locking/unlocking (full failure)

There are multiple failures that need addressed:

-Solenoid sensor fills with oil (causes ground faults)
-harness end gets oil in it (causes ground faults)
-internal wiring not fully/properly sheathed and will rub itself raw against the coupler inside the diff (causing ground faults)
-pins pulling loose from harness from overstretching it or poor initial production.

above issues cause the following:

-blinking locker lights
-service locker system message on DIC
-incorrect reading of locker status
-failure of one or both lockers

These issues are more prevalent on vehicles that have been modified/geared. However it can and has happened on low mile stock rigs as well.

Last night I was able to test the Z Locker Harness from ZAutomotive on my Gladiator and 3 other problematic JLs, all of which had varying causes, and different levels of the errors. All have been diagnosed at Jeep service as a vague "ground fault at diff"

My JT had fully failed. I endured all levels of the issue starting with the blinking lights, eventually followed by the svc locker error and finally full locker failure.

All 4 Jeeps immediately responded to the new harness. All lights went off. All lockers worked properly. All locker engaged/disengaged sensors worked properly. Full success.

"-super simple install - mimics the sensor circuit, tells the DTCM that the lockers are locked when they should be, and unlocked when they should be - no risk of damaging the DTCM. Same signaling, same electrically as the sensor it replaces. - system becomes more like the JK as the locker solenoid is on its own, feedback from the sensor is not mimicked but the DTCM can still sense a short or open to the solenoid circuit - same watertight connectors used as OEM. Fully potted and watertight. "

4 Jeeps is a small test sample, but 100% worked. I have scheduled in another 5 locals to perform the fix and will report my findings.

Again, the link to the fix is here... ZAutomotive ZLOCKER

ok...and discuss!!
Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
That's cool, better engineering that SHOULD have come from the factory. I really like the features the Tazer has added to my JTR. Thanks for this update, I didn't get any emails from them despite I bought my unit directly from the website.

Nate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist
I'm guessing this would be a great plug and play for the Dana 60s to interface as well?

OP
OP
The Custom Jeep Builder

The Custom Jeep Builder

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.doetschoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Rubicon,. 2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Jeep Customizer
I'm guessing this would be a great plug and play for the Dana 60s to interface as well?
That would be his other harness. Call zautomotive to confirm.

Gem1n1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Did you off road pages in Uconnect disappear after install? Looks like mine did. I didn’t have time to play with it tonight but will tomorrow. Good news , my locker light is off.

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
JL/JT Locker issues:
Locker Lights Blinking
Service Locker System Error message
Lockers not locking/unlocking (full failure)

There are multiple failures that need addressed:

-Solenoid sensor fills with oil (causes ground faults)
-harness end gets oil in it (causes ground faults)
-internal wiring not fully/properly sheathed and will rub itself raw against the coupler inside the diff (causing ground faults)
-pins pulling loose from harness from overstretching it or poor initial production.

above issues cause the following:

-blinking locker lights
-service locker system message on DIC
-incorrect reading of locker status
-failure of one or both lockers

These issues are more prevalent on vehicles that have been modified/geared. However it can and has happened on low mile stock rigs as well.

Last night I was able to test the Z Locker Harness from ZAutomotive on my Gladiator and 3 other problematic JLs, all of which had varying causes, and different levels of the errors. All have been diagnosed at Jeep service as a vague "ground fault at diff"

My JT had fully failed. I endured all levels of the issue starting with the blinking lights, eventually followed by the svc locker error and finally full locker failure.

All 4 Jeeps immediately responded to the new harness. All lights went off. All lockers worked properly. All locker engaged/disengaged sensors worked properly. Full success.

"-super simple install - mimics the sensor circuit, tells the DTCM that the lockers are locked when they should be, and unlocked when they should be - no risk of damaging the DTCM. Same signaling, same electrically as the sensor it replaces. - system becomes more like the JK as the locker solenoid is on its own, feedback from the sensor is not mimicked but the DTCM can still sense a short or open to the solenoid circuit - same watertight connectors used as OEM. Fully potted and watertight. "

4 Jeeps is a small test sample, but 100% worked. I have scheduled in another 5 locals to perform the fix and will report my findings.

Again, the link to the fix is here... ZAutomotive ZLOCKER

ok...and discuss!!

Thanks Todd for posting this info and your test sample results!

AKID_RBM

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave, 23 GCL, 15 Cherokee TH
Occupation
Construction
Is this still the best fix? Links in original post are not working for me. Does the part differ between Rubicon and Mojave?

WindyCityGladiator

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Mechanic
Just found the link for everyone. Wonder if this does anything to the warranty.

https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z_lkr_oem/
Didn’t work for me. When reaching out to there support team basically told me to order another one for the other axle and that it can take days for it to work. I’ve swapped it from front to rear and same crap. Trying out the actuator from MOPAR themselves to see if that helps.
https://www.mymoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-connector-68400411aa
Jeep Gladiator THE FIX FOR LOCKERS:  Blinking lights, service axle locker system, lockers wont engage/disengage 02A131A3-ECDF-4A0C-86A6-EBB0E0FF082F
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.