First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL
Occupation
Tech
Curious if anyone has information or speculation on what lies ahead for the JT in terms of engine options? Will the Stellantis I6 Hurricane make its way into the JL/JT over the next couple of years? Will there be a 4xe or full EV version of the JT? Or will Jeep shock everyone and put a 392 in the JT given the JL 392s sales success (or will all V8s die from Stellantis with the green push as many have speculated)?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tupacshakur

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JT
We can hope so…

Kevin
Had that chance, wonder why it didn't happen... Here you are still still whistling dixie. Hmm...

Perhaps the two are related.

Last edited:

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
V8's are dead. So you can rule out the 392, or any other V8. The I6 would take a complete refresh. The same with the 4xe.

Sponsored

BourbonRunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Money Pit
Occupation
Foole
V8's are dead. So you can rule out the 392, or any other V8. The I6 would take a complete refresh. The same with the 4xe.

I hate that V8's are dead. But deep down we all know if the JT got a hot motor like the Hurricane or a 4xe option there would be a sudden flood of JT's in the used market.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
I hate that V8's are dead. But deep down we all know if the JT got a hot motor like the Hurricane or a 4xe option there would be a sudden flood of JT's in the used market.
Educational reminder in link below. Yes we are still awaiting a due date and yes there is always a chance these JTs could be a short run like the 04-06 Unlimited two door. The I6 below is as short as some 4 cyl.

Stellantis Media - Stellantis Debuts Hurricane Twin-turbo I-6 Engine That Cuts Emissions, Increases Fuel Economy <em>And</em> Is More Powerful (stellantisnorthamerica.com)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Curious if anyone has information or speculation on what lies ahead for the JT in terms of engine options? Will the Stellantis V6 Hurricane make its way into the JL/JT over the next couple of years? Will there be a 4xe or full EV version of the JT? Or will Jeep shock everyone and put a 392 in the JT given the JL 392s sales success (or will all V8s die from Stellantis with the green push as many have speculated)?
The V8 is pretty much a dead end. I can't believe people still hope for it. Ain't gonna happen.

Hurricane is inline 6, so the answer to that part is no.
There's room. Did some comparing on the dimensions and although it's an I6, it's not a long one. It's only a little different than a modern hemi.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
You will see the V6 replaced with four cylinder and electric options, unless we get a substantial administrative shift after the 2024 election.
A lot of what's happening is to do with CA and VA rules, and the EU. EU has passed some really strict "laws". Jeep must sell there to survive.

My son traded vehicles a week ago and he called and we talked at length about modern vehicles. Apparently where he lives, the dealers aren't selling squat for gas-powered SUVs.
And since the turbo 6 and 4 of today is all anyone truly needs, regardless of the wringing of hands or gnashing of teeth from some groups.......... the future is what it is.
Sponsored