Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I did take my Tundra to fredricksburg to get tested. See what it was actually doing. They let me pay an extra 10 bucks to do a test that couldn't be counted against me or put on record. Sitting in the lobby listening the the other patrons groan and complain as the tech redlined the piss out of that truck. Bout Damn near rattled the windows off the building. I could barley keep from laughing when he let off and it just backfired like 4 successive 12 guages. Thought a couple of em were gonna hit the deck and need a change of britches. 😂
Good stuff. More entertaining than a movie and half the price.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I've fully rebuild motorcycle engines, 318's and 340's. It's a nice feeling driving/riding around in a vehicle that has a engine that you have rebuilt.
Exactly. My SX4 is one that I've gone through literally every little nut, bolt and wire, except the front differential. That's yet to come. But engine, transmission, rear differential, all suspension and steering and more.
My 70 Javelin I sold to finance my first JT is another I went through the whole car, engine, suspension and all. It wasn't quite stock when I finished the engine.
I've done a few older motorcycles, First I did was a small Indian. I recall pressing the crankshaft apart to get the rod out to replace bearings.

Stan H

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2021
Occupation
Safety Consultant
Exactly. My SX4 is one that I've gone through literally every little nut, bolt and wire, except the front differential. That's yet to come. But engine, transmission, rear differential, all suspension and steering and more.
My 70 Javelin I sold to finance my first JT is another I went through the whole car, engine, suspension and all. It wasn't quite stock when I finished the engine.
I've done a few older motorcycles, First I did was a small Indian. I recall pressing the crankshaft apart to get the rod out to replace bearings.
I rebuilt an 1983 Honda gold wing motor a complete revuild ran like a top it was very satisfying. The clutch basket had crack from someone's stupid operation. I got it off a the guy on the cheap and with a donor bike for the clutch basket , new rings, clutch assembly including all friction disk etc. Valves and seats reground. They are a boxer engine and it had to be split around the middle with the transmission and crank and everything all in there. So many bolts we used sandwhich bags with freezer tape to label where the bolts went 😂 I had the bike for 8 yrs. When I traded it off I almost shed a tear it was a fantastic running bike.

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
Dang that's tough the Javelin over the SX4. I have always wanted an SX4. I had a regular Eagle wagon that i exploded the engine in. Literally threw a rod out the block. My dad dying words "you killed my Eagle" I think he loved that car more than me except for, maybe, the Hornet. I wish we fixed it but not having it put me into the 2.8L XJ Cherokee.
Sponsored