Sponsored

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
Right now I tow a Scamp 16' fiberglass camper with a 2015 Toyota Tacoma. I'm stuck in "D" status waiting for a Sport S with max tow package. I went max tow because I believe in overkill. Not only do you have to consider the additional load of all your gear, fire wood and bikes but you need to be aware of the "parachute" effect when pulling at highway speeds and oncoming wind gales.
DSCF1074.JPG

I will have to get mirror extensions, I measured the JT mirrors at the dealer and the are less than what I have now on the Tacoma and they barely make it!

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
I would pay good money for some nice mirrors that would bolt in place of the OEM ones when I need to tow something wide.

Sponsored

MTB58

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Sales Mgmt
I tow a 2020 Jayco Jayfeather 18rbm, it's 23' long and weighs 4400 dry. My loaded towing weight is about 5200 lbs but my payload is very close to 1400 lbs so I am just about maxed out on payload.

My 2023 Max Tow does just fine towing, I'm never in a hurry and tow between 55 and 65 mph. The only time I would like more power is on the 6% and above grades. On my current trip I got 10.3 mpg on the mostly up hill 1/2, still camping and hoping to get 12ish on my way home. No matter what I tow or what I use to tow, I always seem to get between 10-12mpg.

I
20240630_125012.jpg

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
I tow, pic'd below. '20 Overland (ordered 5/19, built 6/19, delivered 7/19).

It's 27' long and weighs around 5,100 lbs, and around 520 lbs tongue weight with every thing in the front pass through, this is with all we want or need loaded in. I get between 12 and 13 MPGs towing. I shift totally manually and pretty much never see 8th. I'm cruising at 65 in 7th at around 2,100RPMs.

I have the BlueOx WDH which really controls sway when being passed by semi's and helps plant the front end. I hitched up the trailer and measured rear droop before and after and, before hooking up the WDH bars, droop was about 1 1/2". After setting the WDH bars, droop was only about 3/4".

I did attach a bolt on receiver on the rear bumper of the trailer for a bike rack so we can take those too. Any extras go in the bed of the truck like lounge chairs and an umbrella for the beach which maybe weigh like 20 lbs. Other than that, it's just me and the Bride and any snacks she wants for noshing on the road.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone towing a travel trailer? Front Yard Pic

Jeep Gladiator Anyone towing a travel trailer? 2021-Venture-RV-Sonic-SN220VRB-Travel-Trailer-Floorplan

Boxr4

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Env. Management
2019 19.7 NoBo with a 2022 Mojave Manual. 3800lbs dry. 4500lbs with my setup. 500lbs tongue loaded. Curt Brake Controller, Airlift Rear helper bags 30psi. WDH. 13mpg on a 600km trip today. Undulating terrain. Manual holds 80-95 kms/hr in 4th. Over 100kms/hr flat I can go to 5th.
Jeep Gladiator Anyone towing a travel trailer? 20240628_210803

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
I would pay good money for some nice mirrors that would bolt in place of the OEM ones when I need to tow something wide.
I bought the mirrors found on Amazon for the JK and then bought the adapters that were offered on here by Thorne Engineering (can be found on E-Bay).

They fit perfectly and do not vibrate at all. My trailer is 7.5' wide and I can easily see down the sides. Not that I change lanes all that much, I'm a right lane warrior when I'm towing but, there's the occasional slower semi I gots to get around, so there's that.

I just purchased those extended view mirrors that are advertised here, Extended View Mirrors on Amazon, for my regular mirrors, and am really impressed as to how much I can see on the sides so, I purchased another pair to put on my tow mirrors. Hopefully they also help tremendously when towing. I'll find out towards the end of this month when the Bride and I go to Williamsburg, VA over my Birthday with the trailer.
Sponsored