Sponsored

Are you happy with your extended warranty?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Well, let me tell you something about that Chrysler extended warranty . Theyvwant you to pay 200 down plus the first month premium plus they send a 3rd party inspector out to do a ride along in your Jeep you have to pay him 125.00 to do the inspection . If he approves it goes through if he dont it doesn't. I basically told em to go get screwed.
Did you do this after the factory warranty ran out?
Sponsored

Stan H

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2021
Occupation
Safety Consultant
Did you do this after the factory warranty ran out?
Yes, I inquired before it ran out and Mopar told me it had to expire first then call back. SonI did and thatvis what they told me even sent me a spread sheet with the amount of extra mileage and yrs. 3yrs. &additional 60 or 4 yrs. Additional 75,000. I think the 3yr. Was 200 down 125 a month plus 125 for some 3rd party inspector that I had to pay direct to arbitrarily decide if it was good enough for their coverage. Total cost of coverage was between 3500-4500 if I recall. Talked to several garages. The Chrysler garages in my area that I trust which is 2 places said they only accept the mopar coverage. Outside shops with former Chrysler mechanics who struck out on their own consisted of 1 ship and he said he didn't take any type Mopar or other 3rd party as they never want to pay for everything that is wrong and He highly suggested what I am doing now. Making a stash of parts then when the time came do the job myself.

Outback_Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired Civil Engineer
I had one extended warranty that I actually used and it paid for itself. All the others were never used so I pass on them now and use the money for upgrades or l put it in savings. If it makes you feel better and want the piece of mind go for it. Also, can you afford a large repair bill, think tranny or motor? If you can't then?

40x40

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon
Occupation
gray beard
I would be weary of calling them an actual warranty. I think it has been mentioned before that they are more like insurance.

So the most important thing to do when shopping for them is to ask a lot of questions and actually read the paperwork.

I am actually in the same boat as you are. I am shopping for an exended warranty/insurance for my truck, so I have a lot of reasearch and reading to do. I'm also looking forward to any feedback for you in this thread also. :D
hello have you found anything that gives you a good feeling? i've looked at offerings from "buy mopar warranty" and "chrysler warranty direct". i'm running 40s, 4.5" lift, taser blah blah blah and have a feeling of " due to modifications this isn't covered and that isn't covered". fyi i was in GCS at the jeep dealer to get a bearing. i recently moved from mims, brevard county to GA.

Sponsored

JTRDistraction

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Utility Substation Electrician
hello have you found anything that gives you a good feeling? i've looked at offerings from "buy mopar warranty" and "chrysler warranty direct". i'm running 40s, 4.5" lift, taser blah blah blah and have a feeling of " due to modifications this isn't covered and that isn't covered". fyi i was in GCS at the jeep dealer to get a bearing. i recently moved from mims, brevard county to GA.
I have not been looking recently. I have been distracted with family and other projects. Also, the other day, I remembered that the dealership that I bought my gladiator gave me a lifetime powertrain warranty, so I'm going to look into that to see what's covered.

The service department at that dealership is pretty good, but the sales department, not so much.

KoBear

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Gobi JTR
Just went into dealership for a computer flash that they told me I needed and for a welded nut that broke and fell into my fender and was rattling like crazy.

My dealership charged me $450 and didn’t fix anything. After I argued, they refunded me $200 for the computer flash and refuse to tell me the broken welds are covered under warranty.

brought it back and they installed a rivnut and didn’t charge me any more money, and still said it doesn’t fall under warranty.

Called @JeepCares a week ago and still have not received a call back. I have an open case.

so far I’m unimpressed with my warranty.
Sponsored