4-Play

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR
Where you near Pinedale Shopping Mall?

“As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.” The utterance from Gordon Jump’s station manager Arthur (Big Guy) Carlson concerned an ill-fated Thanksgiving promotion in which 20 gobblers were dropped to their deaths from a helicopter, “hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement.” The station’s oddball newsman Les Nessman reported live on air as he witnessed the turkey-bombing outside Pinedale Shopping Mall.

Oh the humanity!
Sponsored

NightFog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Just joined the club at 12000 miles. A dump truck, going the other way, threw a rock that hit just below the roof line on the drivers side. Windshield cracked top to bottom.

Interwebber

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude EcoDiesel
Occupation
InstrumentationTechnologist
My pristine new Gorilla Glass windshield took a kill shot on day #4, and another smaller hit on day #5. I know it’s part of the game, but I was hoping the Gorilla Glass would be a little tougher.

Jeep Gladiator Cracked Windshield Club image

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My pristine new Gorilla Glass windshield took a kill shot on day #4, and another smaller hit on day #5. I know it’s part of the game, but I was hoping the Gorilla Glass would be a little tougher.

Jeep Gladiator Cracked Windshield Club image
Gorilla Glass is the inside layer, not the outside layer facing the rocks.
It's going to chip and sandblast like any other windshield.
Certain impacts may not harm it as much or as badly, but rock chips and cracks will happen.

Sponsored

domingjm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Diesel
Three weeks. I made it 3 weeks after driving out of the dealership ?. Hope this 3M repair kit works. I probably should have bought more than one.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Ill add my wifes JL to the cracked club…

Started small and traveled. The tape slowed it down enough that we made it home. Going to safelite tomorrow.

9F048AEE-8613-4395-96F8-FA99E27554E2.jpeg

2FF97F59-6CE1-4061-99D2-A296EB845444.jpeg

flipboltz

First Name
Nikk
Threads
Reaction score
Website
beerbeachrepeat.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR
Anyone have a good experience getting their Gorilla Glass replaced under warranty from Jeep? I took mine in the to dealer last Friday and they basically told me no way Jeep will cover this, and the wait for GG is up to December for replacement.

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Anyone have a good experience getting their Gorilla Glass replaced under warranty from Jeep? I took mine in the to dealer last Friday and they basically told me no way Jeep will cover this, and the wait for GG is up to December for replacement.
If the GG was installed as a factory option, normal warranty conditions apply. If it was installed as a MOPAR installed accessory, then the special GG warranty will apply.

There has been a few threads of people pissed off buying the GG as a factory installed option thinking they get the GG MOPAR stated warranty replacement guidelines to only find out there was not any benefit if they had the GG installed as a factory option over normal windshield type glass. .

Last edited:

cgrand

First Name
christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 jeep gladiator rubicon
Occupation
contractor
morning all, 1st post!

dont bother ordering or installing the gorilla glass, waste of money. i ordered it with my 2022 rubicon, made it 1500 miles before a rock hit it "in the black", quickly cracked across the windshield. called safelite, they had the standard mopar glass...i made it less than ten miles on the new one before i got rocked/cracked again...LOL

Sponsored

Cracked_Windshield

First Name
Elisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
U.S. Army Retired
I’m almost sixty and although I’ve had rock chips, this is my first time actually cracking a windshield. A few years back, I recall a guy describing the aerodynamics of a Wrangler as being similar to a flying barn. That’s an appropriate description for these vehicles, both the Gladiator and the Wrangler.

I didn’t even make it 2,000 miles before getting whacked and cracked outside of Flagstaff, AZ. Spouse was driving, following behind a small Kia SUV.

It was almost comical, because she kept insisting the crack was bug guts. We’d hit a number of really large bugs and the windshield looked like hell. That was her initial story, but she’s no longer sticking to it. Seems that she was unable to wash off the “bug guts” when we stopped for fuel.

At impact, the crack was 3-4 inches long. However, a couple of days later it had turned into about an 8-inc

Allstate asked if the crack was bigger than a dollar bill?

For the uninitiated, that’s code for fix or replace.

I can’t help but wonder if the screws going through the glass make these windshields even more vulnerable to getting broken.

As it stands, I’m on “back order” with a local dealership to get a replacement windshield via Safelite.

It’s been a bit of a fiasco because I asked Safelite to install the Gorilla glass windshield as a replacement when they initially called. Safelite responded by saying they had to get that approved by my insurance. I expected to pay the cost difference.

Safelite left me a voicemail a couple days later saying they’d be installing the windshield in three business days, but when I called to confirm it was Gorilla glass, they said it wasn’t. Safelite later called and canceled, saying the windshield was on back order.

In the meantime, I had been calling Jeep dealerships. My local one quoted $945 for the OEM windshield. They said Gorilla glass had a note on the part entry to see another note that led nowhere.

A second dealer further out stated the OEM windshield was $827. Same response about the Gorilla glass: basically forget about getting it.

The dealer pricing was interesting because I had pressed the Safelite caller to disclose the repair costs, and reluctantly she did. If I recall correctly, she said the replacement OEM windshield was $422. There was another $250 fee to reset the windshield camera. And another smaller number bringing the total to the low $900s.

So I’m in a holding pattern with my flying barn: a 2022 Rubicon diesel. One of three in the entire nation according to Cars dot com that had all of the available safety options. And then there was two…

Love the Gladiator, and feel like I got a good deal, but the almost flat windshield design is definitely it’s Achilles heel. I’ll save the particulars of the deal for another post.

PS: DO NOT OWN ONE OF THESE WITH ANYTHING HIGHER THAN A $50 DEDUCTIBLE!!!

Jeep wave, everyone! Cracked windshield salute for the fallen!

Jeep Gladiator Cracked Windshield Club D4495559-75FA-49E3-9E22-2B866AF2295D

Last edited:

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Just got mine replaced this morning. Pretty the car wash did mine in.

4EF69D66-4C5B-4498-A6F6-1908F4157AED.jpeg

Cracked_Windshield

First Name
Elisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
U.S. Army Retired
I’m not convinced a “shield” type approach over top of the glass is going to fix the issue, unless it’s separated and riding above the glass with a buffer zone. I say that because the Gorilla glass is basically a shield, and they’re breaking right and left too according to the owners that have it. This is clearly a structural impact issue with the glass placement being nearly flat. So therefore projectiles don’t deflect; they hit the glass essentially head on and bounce backwards.

I’d be curious to know what kind of product Elon Musk was touting in the Cybertruck for windows, alleging that even bullets wouldn’t penetrate them. In my opinion, some kind of product to that effect is what it’s going to take to stop the carnage.

This issue has to be affecting the insurance coverage rates on Gladiators and Wranglers.

LANGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Galdiator Rubicon
Yep! Happened again. This is a crack on my second windshield. I have been watching slowly grow over the past couple days. Bring in number 3.
Jeep Gladiator Cracked Windshield Club 1660932000603
Sponsored