First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
IT
Mine were installed last night and I did the twenty mile commute this morning. I went from BFG ATs with 40,000 miles to these. These tires are loud for an AT. Two of the tires required a lot of weight to balance.

For $87 each they are really nice tires. If I paid full price I think I would be disappointed.
Sponsored

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
Didn't know Glock or Hi-Point made tires. :LOL: I was a federal agent for 22 years. Throughout the years I amassed a quantity of ammunition, .40 cal, .223, 12 Gauge and 9mm. I own a Glock 23 and several other weapons. One of them being a Kel-Tac Sub 2000 .40 cal which I tacked out. I can use the same Glock magazines from the G23. I think it is a sweet little carbine. I've heard people putting down the KTs, but I have fired hundreds of rounds with it and so far I've had just one stove pipe, that's it. Both the G23 and the KT kick like hell. Now going back to tires, if someone comes across a sale on 295/70R17 please let me know.
IMG_3555.jpeg
I did apologize to the op for derailing. A member comparing the branding (VENOM) on the side of the tire as an equivalent to open carrying a Hi-Point is how it got started ? I didn't care much for early Kel-T , but as the years have gone by , I own several now. Several 22's, PLR16 and their latest P50-5.7...?

MudderNuker

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR
Occupation
Retired@52
I did apologize to the op for derailing. A member comparing the branding (VENOM) on the side of the tire as an equivalent to open carrying a Hi-Point is how it got started ? I didn't care much for early Kel-T , but as the years have gone by , I own several now. Several 22's, PLR16 and their latest P50-5.7...?
I would love to own a KSG. Their twin tube magazines makes it a great home defense weapon with plenty of shells to dispense if things get ugly.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
I would love to own a KSG. Their twin tube magazines makes it a great home defense weapon with plenty of shells to dispense if things get ugly.
I had a hard time choosing, but at the time I went with the UTAS UTS-15... but after revisions, I would def take a current KSG for sure. I load it... bird, buck then slug.

Idlethunder

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I gotta do the chalk test as well, but even dropping from 39 down to 34/35 helped tremendously. I also noticed that about 95% of the shaking went away, so I may not actually need another balance (it may actually just been bad pavement I was on at the time).

I'm noticing the "drop in power" from bigger/heavier tires a little bit today, especially with the crazy high headwinds. Corners where I used to coast through in 2nd gear now more pedal to get back up to speed. It's just a matter of me putting it in the correct gear, so not anything I can't easily rectify.

They also feel just a tad "floatier" than the 33's, no doubt due to having more sidewall to flex. At the same time they're just a bit stiffer than the Falkens so I feel a little more jolting over bumps. Again, probably all rectified if I dropped a couple more PSI in the tires.
I was in a hurry running errands for work today but did a quick chalk test with the tires at 32 psi after a 20 minute highway drive. At 32 the chalk marks on the asphalt stopped a little less than half an inch from either side. I had planned to drop them down a little more this evening but forgot so I'm headed outside with a flashlight now. I'm shooting for 28 psi this time and will see how they do the next few days.

Sponsored

Ryan...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys
I was in a hurry running errands for work today but did a quick chalk test with the tires at 32 psi after a 20 minute highway drive. At 32 the chalk marks on the asphalt stopped a little less than half an inch from either side. I had planned to drop them down a little more this evening but forgot so I'm headed outside with a flashlight now. I'm shooting for 28 psi this time and will see how they do the next few days.
I noted yesterday while filling up that only the center portion of my tread was wet after driving through a wet spot on the pavement. I probably had 2" of dry tread on the edges.

I just went out to the garage and checked the cold PSI again; fronts were at 35.5 and rears were at 36. I can also see some of the little rubber "nipples" are still there on the edges, so I'm clearly still over filled.

Just dropped them down to 32psi all around and I'll have to steal some chalk from work and find some dry pavement.

Last edited:

Ryan...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys
Mine were installed last night and I did the twenty mile commute this morning. I went from BFG ATs with 40,000 miles to these. These tires are loud for an AT. Two of the tires required a lot of weight to balance.

For $87 each they are really nice tires. If I paid full price I think I would be disappointed.
Not to split hairs, but I think these Venom X/T are supposed to be "Extreme Terrain" tires, at least a little more aggressive than your average AT.

Mine took a lot of weight as well, but as long as I don't get shaking that doesn't really bother me.

At full price I think I'd still be happy with them, as an entry level price to get into 35s. If they remain as good as they are now for at least another 35-40k I might stick with them.

MudderNuker

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR
Occupation
Retired@52
Got the Kanatis installed today. Looks much better than the Firestones MT2s. Not 35/37s but it looks good, IMO. Dirty Jeep as it snowed about 3 inches last night. Initial driving impressions are positive with less noise than the MT2s and really didn't notice any loss of power. What I did notice is that the speedo is dead accurate with my GPS app. I'm wondering is the previous owner might have had bigger tires and never reprogrammed before selling the Jeep and returning back to stock. Maybe that is why those speed radar signs always read a little lower than indicated on the speedo. Also why my transmission acted weird from time to time holding gears longer than needed. I still have a little rake after the TF 1.5" due to the metal bumper and winch.

Jeep Gladiator DEAL OVER - Walmart Tire Deals 2023 - They're at it again... again JT Kanati

347661-02df4fd279ce6a88dd8a86f456ec6b62.jpg

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
While it's no $67 blue light special, the Klevers are "on sale" for $337 on Walmart in 37" variety.

Milestar Patagonia A/Ts 37s holding steady at $257.

MudderNuker

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR
Occupation
Retired@52
While it's no $67 blue light special, the Klevers are "on sale" for $337 on Walmart in 37" variety.

Milestar Patagonia A/Ts 37s holding steady at $257.
37" @ $257 is a great price.

Sponsored

Idlethunder

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Not to split hairs, but I think these Venom X/T are supposed to be "Extreme Terrain" tires, at least a little more aggressive than your average AT.

Mine took a lot of weight as well, but as long as I don't get shaking that doesn't really bother me.

At full price I think I'd still be happy with them, as an entry level price to get into 35s. If they remain as good as they are now for at least another 35-40k I might stick with them.
Just curious about your opinion of the Venoms after a couple of months? I honestly had no idea what to expect out of an unknown brand but after 2 months and almost 2k miles, I'm still happy with them. They ride well and have done great with both ice and mud.

Ryan...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys
Just curious about your opinion of the Venoms after a couple of months? I honestly had no idea what to expect out of an unknown brand but after 2 months and almost 2k miles, I'm still happy with them. They ride well and have done great with both ice and mud.
I'm incredibly happy with them! We've had three massive snow storms and they've vastly exceeded my expectations.

2600 miles on them so far, 0 signs of wear. Running 30psi

Literally the only drawback is the road noise, but even that is completely drowned out with the radio at highway speeds.

Last edited:

Idlethunder

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I'm incredibly happy with them! We've had three massive snow storms and they've vastly exceeded my expectations.

4600 miles on them so far, 0 signs of wear. Running 30psi

Literally the only drawback is the road noise, but even that is completely drowned out with the radio at highway speeds.
That is my experience as well. The only difference is that mine are at 28 psi cold and we haven’t yet any snow yet, only ice. Road noise is the only issue and it’s small. Glad to hear I’m not the only one liking them

Ryan...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys
That is my experience as well. The only difference is that mine are at 28 psi cold and we haven’t yet any snow yet, only ice. Road noise is the only issue and it’s small. Glad to hear I’m not the only one liking them
I actually should drop mine another 1-2 psi as well per the chalk test, until I read this completely forgot I'd meant to do that.

I plan on going to Holly Oaks off-road Park in June of this year, that will be my real test on how they perform off-road, I have no doubt they're going to perform very well
Sponsored