First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Hydro Blue Sport S MT. 99 TJ
Occupation
Retired Operating Engineer Local 825
I just bought all but the shocks from MOPAR and did it myself . At about 4-5ooo miles a year it should most likely out live me .. The Shocks are more than half of the cost of the complete kit and they are not worth that kind of money to me .
Sponsored

Last edited:

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
I am finally looking at lift kits and was just going to do the Mopar 2 inch lift with 35's. I heard a lot of good things at first, but have been seeing a lot of bad things now. Is it a bad kit? I have a Gladiator Rubicon with some mods already so I don't need a full kit, just really shocks and springs. I already have a Synergi Front Track bar, Terreflex Alpine Adjustable Control Arms and a Fox Racing 2.0 Steering Stablizer. Are there better options for me? It's a Daily driver keep in mind, I do go offroad several times a year mainly in PA (I am in NJ)
In NJ, especially south, there's no flexing, no need to go crazy, mainly just a lift to fit bigger tires to get through the mud. Also, the mopar kit is fine, basically 50% of the price is in the shocks, and in my opinion they are perfect. I bought the JKS 3.5 J-control kit with the 2.5" Fox IFP monotube shocks personally (they make the mopar kit them self, and the kit I got is similar but slightly taller, and adds control arm drop brackets, and a trackbar.) The shocks are perfect for people who still want compliance, but better rebound, and arend flying down a dirt road at 60mph or hitting the dunes. With what you already have, I'd look more into just buying Shocks and Springs. Teraflex and JKs are the 2 i'd recommend for either. JKS for Fox, and Tera for Falcons. The Fox vs. Falcon thing mainly comes down to Softer and compliant Fox's and Stiffer, more sporty Falcons. Both springs are similar. Whatever you do go for Triple rate rear, and dual rate front springs for an uncompromised ride quality.

Blitzinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
In NJ, especially south, there's no flexing, no need to go crazy, mainly just a lift to fit bigger tires to get through the mud. Also, the mopar kit is fine, basically 50% of the price is in the shocks, and in my opinion they are perfect. I bought the JKS 3.5 J-control kit with the 2.5" Fox IFP monotube shocks personally (they make the mopar kit them self, and the kit I got is similar but slightly taller, and adds control arm drop brackets, and a trackbar.) The shocks are perfect for people who still want compliance, but better rebound, and arend flying down a dirt road at 60mph or hitting the dunes. With what you already have, I'd look more into just buying Shocks and Springs. Teraflex and JKs are the 2 i'd recommend for either. JKS for Fox, and Tera for Falcons. The Fox vs. Falcon thing mainly comes down to Softer and compliant Fox's and Stiffer, more sporty Falcons. Both springs are similar. Whatever you do go for Triple rate rear, and dual rate front springs for an uncompromised ride quality.
You remember how much you paid for the mopar kit? My dealers are quoting 2300, not including installation.

BGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Hate to bring up an oldish thread but I’m also considering this. I spoke to my dealers today and the two I called said the price were ridiculous.

One near me said $2300 for the parts and with 4 hours of labor plus tax is 4k. That is insane but they’re also pricks (white plains jeep for anyone wondering, idgaf about calling them out because they also refused to sell the Jeeps at MSRP when I was shopping last September - ended up going to PA and paying 6k less than MSRP for an identical model).

The other jeep dealer said $2000 for the parts. With labor it comes. To $3000 before tax.

Meanwhile my go-to shop is offering AEV 2.5” lift/geometric correcting kit for $2200 including installation. It sounds like the easy decision but I spent an extra $1400 on an extended warranty so I sorta was considering Mopar route to protect the warranty.

Am I crazy? Are those jeep prices out of control?
Im in the same dilemma. Want to keep the factory and extended warranty, but the Mopar lift prices are crazy. What is the name of the shop doing the AEV installation? Are you from the tri-state? I’m in nj.

Blitzinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Im in the same dilemma. Want to keep the factory and extended warranty, but the Mopar lift prices are crazy. What is the name of the shop doing the AEV installation? Are you from the tri-state? I’m in nj.
De Dona in Yonkers. Tell him Matt with the grey gladiator sent you

Sponsored

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
You remember how much you paid for the mopar kit? My dealers are quoting 2300, not including installation.
I did not buy the Mopar kit. I bought the aJKS, but about $2,300 is pretty accruate. Im guessing thats without install?

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
correct, not including install or taxes. Meanwhile my shop says AEV 2.5” lift is $2200 including install
The price of the Mopar kit again is all in the shocks.

Boostnu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
The mopar kit has went up a lot in the last couple years. I think I bought it a couple years ago in the $1200-$1300 range.

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
The mopar kit has went up a lot in the last couple years. I think I bought it a couple years ago in the $1200-$1300 range.
Does not surprise me. All MOPAR accessories and parts have had substantial jumps that almost mirror the vehicle pricing increase percentages.

Sponsored

High Alextude

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland High Altitude
Have you all seen this LinkedIn post. Bilstein is going to be the new shock sponsor for the lift kit?

IMG_4467.jpeg

IMG_4468.jpeg

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Have you all seen this LinkedIn post. Bilstein is going to be the new shock sponsor for the lift kit?

Jeep Gladiator Is the Mopar 2 inch lift actually bad? IMG_4468

Jeep Gladiator Is the Mopar 2 inch lift actually bad? IMG_4468
Interesting. Makes me wonder if Jeep is going to ditch FOX all together with maybe something new for the Mojave next year?

High Alextude

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland High Altitude
Interesting. Makes me wonder if Jeep is going to ditch FOX all together with maybe something new for the Mojave next year?
I wouldn’t hate it. I had the AEV 3.5 kit on my old jku with tuned bilsteins and it rode fantastic. I can’t say any of the fox shocks I’ve ran were great. If anything, just comparable to stock. Only my opinion of course. Interesting indeed.

Blitzinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

IMG_4467.jpeg

IMG_4468.jpeg
lol Is jeep listening? Would be shocked (pun intended). But this actually fixes my issue. $300 less than current quotes and bilstein like the AEV kit I was looking at…

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
I had Gupton do my lift and 37s when I bought it so I could have the warranty. Was worth it back in 21. If the prices are 4k I dont think I would do it again for that price. But for the 1700 that I pad for it installed I would do it again in a heart beat!
Sponsored