First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2021
Occupation
Safety Consultant
I purchased a set of KO3 tires (size 285/70-17) about six weeks ago and wanted to give my initial opinion after about 2500 miles. The “TL/DR” is that these are awesome tires, and I wholeheartedly recommend them.

Background: I have a 2020 Overland that I use primarily as a commuter and suburban pickup (lots of trips to Lowes or Home Depot for landscaping stuff and hauling junk & brush to the dump). I have done a few offroad trails, but nothing major (Peter’s Mill Run BOH trial, some farm trails). I originally had the stock Overland wheels & tires (Bridgestone Dueler 255/70-18) , then swapped them for a set of Mojave wheel/tire take-offs (Falken Wildpeak A/T3W T285/70-17) after 25k miles. The Falkens were MUCH heavier than the Bridgestones, and significantly louder on the highway. Over time, the Falkens became even louder, to the point that it was uncomfortable on long trips. After about 40k miles on the Falkens, I purchased the KO3’s, so I had significant experience with both sets of tires.

My impression of the KO3’s:
They are quiet! I had forgotten how much wind noise there is with the Gladiator, because the Falkens were so loud that you could not hear it over the tire howl. It felt like the KO3’s were about as loud as the original Overland Bridgestone’s, and dramatically quieter than the Falkens.

They are also much, much smoother riding than the Falkens on-road, and feeling almost like they are aired-down when driving on dirt or gravel roads (I even double-checked the tire pressure because they felt so soft). The handling in dry weather is very good, tracking well on the highway and seeming to have good grip – I’m not slaloming with it, but it seems fine. I took a 1500-mile round trip from Virginia to Maine, and the ride was great – and quiet – the whole way. On the way home, we ran into about 200 miles of rain, sometimes torrential, and it was EXCELLENT in wet weather, cutting through large puddles on the interstate without a hint of hydroplaning. I have not taken these offroad, except for some dirt roads in Maine and gravel roads here in VA, but they handled that really well.

Overall, these are the best tires I have had on the Jeep, combining the quiet, smooth riding nature of the Bridgestones with the aggressive tread of the Falkens. Time will tell about the lifespan of these tires, but I would recommend them to anyone looking for new tires if your use case is similar to mine. I can't speak to someone looking for hard-core off-roading tires. I hope this helps people who were wondering about the KO3’s.
3 words. Hated them.
Enjoy 😉
Sponsored

Stan H

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2021
Occupation
Safety Consultant
Hated what?
Those tires they wore out and got noisy and are worthless as teets on a bore hog in mud. They fill up with mud and turn into slicks

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
Those tires they wore out and got noisy and are worthless as teets on a bore hog in mud. They fill up with mud and turn into slicks
He’s reviewing KO3s. They just came out. You couldn’t have worn a set out yet. You must have had KO2s.

IAGLADI8R

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I put 35" Mickey Thompson Baja Boss's on my 20' Overland and I couldn't be happier. They are tall, quiet and narrow. Look great, I get compliments on them all the time. Best tire I've owned

Sponsored

Dog Dad

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler ,2023Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I purchased a set of KO3 tires (size 285/70-17) about six weeks ago and wanted to give my initial opinion after about 2500 miles. The “TL/DR” is that these are awesome tires, and I wholeheartedly recommend them.

Background: I have a 2020 Overland that I use primarily as a commuter and suburban pickup (lots of trips to Lowes or Home Depot for landscaping stuff and hauling junk & brush to the dump). I have done a few offroad trails, but nothing major (Peter’s Mill Run BOH trial, some farm trails). I originally had the stock Overland wheels & tires (Bridgestone Dueler 255/70-18) , then swapped them for a set of Mojave wheel/tire take-offs (Falken Wildpeak A/T3W T285/70-17) after 25k miles. The Falkens were MUCH heavier than the Bridgestones, and significantly louder on the highway. Over time, the Falkens became even louder, to the point that it was uncomfortable on long trips. After about 40k miles on the Falkens, I purchased the KO3’s, so I had significant experience with both sets of tires.

They are quiet! I had forgotten how much wind noise there is with the Gladiator, because the Falkens were so loud that you could not hear it over the tire howl. It felt like the KO3’s were about as loud as the original Overland Bridgestone’s, and dramatically quieter than the Falkens.

They are also much, much smoother riding than the Falkens on-road, and feeling almost like they are aired-down when driving on dirt or gravel roads (I even double-checked the tire pressure because they felt so soft). The handling in dry weather is very good, tracking well on the highway and seeming to have good grip – I’m not slaloming with it, but it seems fine. I took a 1500-mile round trip from Virginia to Maine, and the ride was great – and quiet – the whole way. On the way home, we ran into about 200 miles of rain, sometimes torrential, and it was EXCELLENT in wet weather, cutting through large puddles on the interstate without a hint of hydroplaning. I have not taken these offroad, except for some dirt roads in Maine and gravel roads here in VA, but they handled that really well.

Overall, these are the best tires I have had on the Jeep, combining the quiet, smooth riding nature of the Bridgestones with the aggressive tread of the Falkens. Time will tell about the lifespan of these tires, but I would recommend them to anyone looking for new tires if your use case is similar to mine. I can't speak to someone looking for hard-core off-roading tires. I hope this helps people who were wondering about the KO3’s.

What size tire did you have installed and was it the Overland wheels you installed them on?

Dog Dad

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler ,2023Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
What size tire did you have installed and was it the Overland wheels you installed them on?
Sorry I noticed the size after I sent you the question!Are the tires you had installed on the factory Overland wheels?

Thunderbolt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Wrangler
Occupation
Self employed

Any pics on the Mojave wheels?

OP
OP
Moose95

Moose95

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Overland; 2018 Colorado Z71
Any pics on the Mojave wheels?
Jeep Gladiator My review of BFG KO3's after 2500 miles 1720011017997-0q
Here you go! As I mentioned, these are stock Mojave wheels on a 2020 Overland. Again, I use my Gladiator as a primary commuter and truck (hauling stuff to the dump, etc.), with only a little off-roading, so I will defer to someone else on how they perform in the mud or rocks, but I have driven it through several more heavy rainstorms, and it seems like the changes they made to improve wet performance have worked. I am very pleased with how they perform in the rain and on dry pavement or gravel/dirt roads.

Sponsored

Thunderbolt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Wrangler
Occupation
Self employed
Jeep Gladiator My review of BFG KO3's after 2500 miles 1720011017997-0q
Here you go! As I mentioned, these are stock Mojave wheels on a 2020 Overland. Again, I use my Gladiator as a primary commuter and truck (hauling stuff to the dump, etc.), with only a little off-roading, so I will defer to someone else on how they perform in the mud or rocks, but I have driven it through several more heavy rainstorms, and it seems like the changes they made to improve wet performance have worked. I am very pleased with how they perform in the rain and on dry pavement or gravel/dirt roads.
Looks good!!

Stuntman Mike

First Name
Joerg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTOD, 2005 TJ 4.0, 1980 MB 450 SLC
Occupation
Rotating Equipment Consultant
Thank's for the report @Moose95.

I made the similiar experience with the BFG T/A KO2 on my TJ.
Was really impressed about the quietness of these tyres.

Think I will try the KO3 on the Gladiator when it comes to the next change.
Sponsored