Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Hey folks,

I've read a few posts about this now but most were dated. Is there anyone else dealing with their offroad pages just magically disappearing? I've done the reset trick quite a few times but I'm getting tired of losing all my settings over and over again.

UConnect just pushed an update to my vehicle and of course after that the offroad pages are gone again. Everytime there's an update they seem to go away, and randomly they'll come back and then go poof again.

Anyone find a permanent fix for this yet?

Thanks!
Sponsored

PuddleJumper

First Name
Cortlund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' JTM, 22' JTR, 22' F56S,
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lockheed Martin ASW Test Technician
Vehicle Showcase
I've never had this issue. But I do believe Tazer is a fix for this. Somewhere in the brochure i wanna say it bypassed offroad pages needing an LTE connection to start and stay open.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Hey folks,

I've read a few posts about this now but most were dated. Is there anyone else dealing with their offroad pages just magically disappearing? I've done the reset trick quite a few times but I'm getting tired of losing all my settings over and over again.

UConnect just pushed an update to my vehicle and of course after that the offroad pages are gone again. Everytime there's an update they seem to go away, and randomly they'll come back and then go poof again.

Thanks!
Is it completely disappearing from the App list, or just the shortcut from the lower button row?

The head unit has to periodically check-in and verify that your VIN is authorized for the Offroad Pages. If the cellular service is not good in your area, it will cause problems with access. The reset just causes it to check-in, something it should be doing regularly, but doesn't always succeed if it cannot get a good connection.

Whenever the head unit is reset, power-cycled, or updated, it can take up to 24 hours to fully recover, even longer if cellular reception is poor.

OP
OP
RoamingGladiator

RoamingGladiator

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Is it completely disappearing from the App list, or just the shortcut from the lower button row?

The head unit has to periodically check-in and verify that your VIN is authorized for the Offroad Pages. If the cellular service is not good in your area, it will cause problems with access. The reset just causes it to check-in, something it should be doing regularly, but doesn't always succeed if it cannot get a good connection.

Whenever the head unit is reset, power-cycled, or updated, it can take up to 24 hours to fully recover, even longer if cellular reception is poor.
Completely gone.

This happens on/off a couple times a week. I'm in a fairly large city... cell reception is 5/5 bars all the time.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Completely gone.

This happens on/off a couple times a week. I'm in a fairly large city... cell reception is 5/5 bars all the time.
Cell reception is your phone, and is cell, not data. It's an indicator that the tower has contact with you, but not that your unit or phone has good contact with a tower.
We discussed this "bars" bit over the years at work when people kept saying "but I have 5 bars" while not being able to download or upload.
It's complex, but it's really only an indication that a tower, with incredible power and height and constantly strong power supply, can get to your phone once the phone checks in.
The indicator on the Jeep is from your phone, not from the Jeep.

Mine used to do this when my JT was in the garage or close to our house. I'd lose ORP and some other stuff, then later it would magically appear again.
Apparently the signals out here are a bit better in the past year, but I don't use ORP when on my home turf so I can't say if it would work right when I open the garage door and start the truck or not.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Completely gone.

Who's the carrier for your phone? AT&T is the carrier used by SiriusXM for the head unit. Access is provided through roaming agreements with other carriers in non-AT&T areas, which can sometimes affect the quality of service. I have a AT&T phone, and have had the data connection stop working with the signal down to two bars.

It may be a little different in Canada. AT&T is the USA carrier.

Do you have a headliner, sound deadening, or a roof rack installed? Anything metal on or above the roof will interfere with the cellular signal.

Reddog

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Army. Retired Construction Manager / Contracting Officer
Hey folks,

Thanks!
I have a Tazer and mine does it too. I am falling out of love with the Tazer today. It works I guess but it tries to do too much I think. Very frustrating when things like Off Road Pages goes bye-bye but it's typical of much of the JT's electronics it seems.

OP
OP
RoamingGladiator

RoamingGladiator

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Who's the carrier for your phone? AT&T is the carrier used by SiriusXM for the head unit. Access is provided through roaming agreements with other carriers in non-AT&T areas, which can sometimes affect the quality of service. I have a AT&T phone, and have had the data connection stop working with the signal down to two bars.

Do you have a headliner, sound deadening, or a roof rack installed? Anything metal on or above the roof will interfere with the cellular signal.
Yeah I'm on Rogers, not sure honestly. I'm going to mention it to the dealership next time I go in and see what they say.

I'm debating on replacing my head unit / cluster with the Carbotor system. Not a fan of how slow the UConnect head unit is.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Add to that - walls, trees, hills, other buildings...............
If I take my JT down to my shop, it struggles to even pull in satellite and cell service just doesn't exist.
That's why I suggest any members wishing to hide a stolen JT bring it and park it by my shop. It's some ancient native burial ground area or something - the Bermuda triangle of all types of signals.

DylanM

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ, 2005 LJR, 2021 JTRD
Occupation
USAF Retired
The offroad pages normally show on the screen and work for me, but there are occasions where they'll give me an unavailable error when selected. Typically I don't use them terribly often unless towing so that should be taken into consideration as far as their frequency of available or unavailable.

I never have understood why the radio needs to periodically verify the offroad pages are authorised for your VIN, it's not like like it's a subscription that you must renew (yet). Seems to me it's something that could be done after a software update or reset then safely ignored by the radio.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
How stupid is this?

Make the Off Road pages require a cell signaL...

Guess when I am out of cell coverage? When I am off road!

Ironic & idiotic.
It only seems to matter once in a while during a cold start after sitting a while, and not every time. Where I live, no cell signal is a part of life.

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
Happens to me every single time I stop the truck out of cell service for more than a couple minutes. Since mine isn’t really a DD, mainly used for wheeling trips in the mountain west, basically this happens constantly on every single trip. It’s infuriating.

With a Tazer, it will eventually show up in the app screen even if you never regain signal, but Tazer is too slow to stop it vanishing from the quick app tray.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
With a Tazer, it will eventually show up in the app screen even if you never regain signal, but Tazer is too slow to stop it vanishing from the quick app tray.
Why would tazer matter? It can't stop an app from disappearing, nor should it be able to keep it there if there's no cell contact.
Sponsored