Rugged Ridge Voyager? Whos running it?

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
Took a mallet and tapped the wedge the length of the channel and it slid right in. Just need it to stretch a bit so I can zip the last inch and a half closed.

Maybe following the video on realtrucks website vs reading the terrible instructions and removing the freedom panel latch as a member here suggested is what made the difference because this thing has terrible reviews on pretty much every seller’s website. I’m really satisfied with the fit and finish on it.
Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Voyager? Whos running it? IMG_4391
Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Voyager? Whos running it? IMG_4406
Sponsored

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.
Worked on my install this weekend and I cannot for the life of me get the bottom of the rear window into the channel on the tub. The side pieces lock in just fine. Any ideas?

@jjdustr340 @GHWillys @RoamingGladiator @blau iii any ideas? I sent an e-mail to @RealTruck support but open to any tips if you guys have them. Leaving for a long weekend of wheeling on Thursday so hoping to get it squared away asap.
Sorry just got the chance to reply. Looks like you figured it out.
Mine fit without issue, as did the version on the wife's JLU. However, the one we put on the daughters JLU also didn't want to fit into the grooves beside the tailgate. I simply took a plastic pry bar I had and opened them up a bit.

GHWillys

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Gladiator, 2019 Honda Pilot
Took a mallet and tapped the wedge the length of the channel and it slid right in. Just need it to stretch a bit so I can zip the last inch and a half closed.

Maybe following the video on realtrucks website vs reading the terrible instructions and removing the freedom panel latch as a member here suggested is what made the difference because this thing has terrible reviews on pretty much every seller’s website. I’m really satisfied with the fit and finish on it.
Glad you got it to work. I was the one that suggested to remove the Freedom panel latch points. Mine would not seal properly along the top of the windshield until I removed them.

With my top I can normally cruise on the highway up to about 75 mph before it starts to get too loud to tolerate. This is dependent on the wind direction outside though. If driving into a strong headwind it can be unbearable at 65 mph.

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Glad you got it to work. I was the one that suggested to remove the Freedom panel latch points. Mine would not seal properly along the top of the windshield until I removed them.

With my top I can normally cruise on the highway up to about 75 mph before it starts to get too loud to tolerate. This is dependent on the wind direction outside though. If driving into a strong headwind it can be unbearable at 65 mph.
interesting, i tried that way but couldn't get the top to stretch. I hate how the latches push the sunshades down.
Sponsored