Sponsored

Updated 2.0 Liter for 2025 Wrangler/Gladiator? Paired with 4xe?

LSUonyx09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary Edition
Per this Mopar Insiders article the 2025 Grand Cherokee that was spotted will have only the 2.0 liter engine and the 4xe as options. They mention though that the 2.0 liter will be a new version: " In the midsize SUV segment, performance is key. The Hurricane4 engine in the current Wrangler delivers 270 horsepower and 295 lb.-ft. of torque. However, rumors suggest that the 2025 Grand Cherokee could receive an enhanced version of this engine, potentially branded as the “Hurricane4 EVO.” This new variant is expected to produce around 300 horsepower, placing it in direct competition with the Ford Explorer’s 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine, which offers 300 horsepower and 310 lb.-ft. of torque." I wonder if this version will be in the 2025 Wrangler and Gladiator and if they will pair it with the 4xe which would make even more HP and Torque.

https://[Banned Site]/caught-2025-jeep-grand-cherokee-summit-reserve/
Sponsored

Zachanadandy

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical foreman
For the gladiator it will still have cooling issues when towing heavy. As far as making 300hp out of it, that's easy. The superchips tune easily gets it there in the Wrangler. There was a guy running the JB4 tuner and water/meth injection pushing ~350hp and 400ftlbs to the wheels in a JLU years ago out of his 2.0t.

BourbonRunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Money Pit
Occupation
Foole
Although I'm reluctant to accept this as gospel, the days of the Pentastar are limited and the Hurricane variants are ramping up, and will be a net positive to the lineup. Point being If the next refresh of the JGC still had a Pentastar I'd be shocked.

I don't doubt that a base engine for low trims like Laredo would likely be the smaller 4Cyl with the base 6cyl as standard on higher trims and the HO version reserved for the very top of the lineup.

If anything, thousands of Laredos head into fleet use annually and would help to offset the absurdly expensive CAFE fines Stellantis pays- already in the several billion dollar range. I also suspect it will be harder for that 4-pot to move the portly JGC down the road, even if it has 300hp and an equivalent amount of twist, but it won't matter in the Hertz or Avis fleet.

Sponsored

ScottBeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Engineer
I still don't see why they don't hybrid the pentastar for the JT. They did it for the pacifica they could figure it out for the JT. Cooling wouldn't be an issue with the n/a v6 plus electric torque motor. I'm old. I don't trust the turbos for truck use. I know ford has been blowing up motors that are turbo'd for a generation in the f series. What I read about it doesn't give me warm feelings for truck turbos.

AmosMoses

First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Manufacturing
If anything, thousands of Laredos head into fleet use annually and would help to offset the absurdly expensive CAFE fines Stellantis pays- already in the several billion dollar range. I also suspect it will be harder for that 4-pot to move the portly JGC down the road, even if it has 300hp and an equivalent amount of twist, but it won't matter in the Hertz or Avis fleet.
Vehicles have made great progress over the last 50 years and it's time to dismantle CAFE and downsize the NHTSA among many spending cuts that need to happen in the future😉

Jrgunn5150

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
I don't anticipate the Gladiator having any other option before a fully electric model is released.
It has a home in the PHEV Ramcharger, and other DS platforms regardless.

The JT was scheduled through 28, but they've probably extended that by now.

BourbonRunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Money Pit
Occupation
Foole
Vehicles have made great progress over the last 50 years and it's time to dismantle CAFE and downsize the NHTSA among many spending cuts that need to happen in the future😉
100%. Would love to see that happen but I'm not holding my breath.
Sponsored