First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Was wondering the motors have thermostats in them does anyone know what the temp setting is for the diesel and gas.? I would believe the motor still has an operating temperature. 20 degree difference seem quite a bit? Not saying the OP is wrong but I'd like to actually see more before purchasing $800

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
UPDATE:
Update on initial observations regarding coolant temps. It's been over 110-115* here in PHX and with the old grille, my coolant temps have been hovering around 215-219*. With the new grille my temps have stayed below 200* in stop and go traffic along with highway driving.

I know it's a small sample but so far so good.
Holy Crap! If that holds true that's nuts. My 22 currently hovers right about 192 degrees (6MT) basically always, no matter the ambient or driving. If I can get that down to 180, maybe even 175 that would make me extremly happy! Wow, Jeep really did do some serious R&D on this grille. I bet your temps could be even more improved if you had anything to duct the air into the rad fromt the bottom. Running no bumper will certainly be allowing air to go through the bumper and straight down as a path of least resistance compared to through the rad, condensor, and trans cooler.

OP
OP
tonywin

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Was wondering the motors have thermostats in them does anyone know what the temp setting is for the diesel and gas.? I would believe the motor still has an operating temperature. 20 degree difference seem quite a bit? Not saying the OP is wrong but I'd like to actually see more before purchasing $800
I think places like here in AZ, NV, or extreme heat will notice the most differences with the grille. Looking into actual cooling aftermarket parts would be the way to go and probably make more of a difference than a grille.

OP
OP
tonywin

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Holy Crap! If that holds true that's nuts. My 22 currently hovers right about 192 degrees (6MT) basically always, no matter the ambient or driving. If I can get that down to 180, maybe even 175 that would make me extremly happy! Wow, Jeep really did do some serious R&D on this grille. I bet your temps could be even more improved if you had anything to duct the air into the rad fromt the bottom. Running no bumper will certainly be allowing air to go through the bumper and straight down as a path of least resistance compared to through the rad, condensor, and trans cooler.
Mine hovers around 192 degrees now in 115* degree weather which I’m very happy about. I used to hit 225* sitting in traffic with the old grille. My coolant finally hit 205* today but I was sitting idle for awhile.

My setup is a bit more exposed so someone with full bumpers etc may not see as drastic change.

Sponsored

kgc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
That looks great! Would you mind sharing if the gray/black lower section is removable and roughly what the distance between the frame rail and the white portion of the grille is?

JT4BREE

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired
I think places like here in AZ, NV, or extreme heat will notice the most differences with the grille. Looking into actual cooling aftermarket parts would be the way to go and probably make more of a difference than a grille.
Yes I live in imperial Valley and it's been over 115 almost every day. A couple of days it was 120-121. I've see mine go as high as 239!

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
I suddenly really like those people
Right. LOL. I still have mixed feelings on the new grille personally. I think it looks good in the OPs white. However, I'd def like to see it in painted black.

Considering I have mixed feelings still, the fact that I'm pretty sure I'd have to remove my winch and possibly my bumper (running Rubicon steel OEM bumper with a Warn VR-10S), and the current cost; I probably won't be doing mine anytime soon if at all. When/If these become more available it may be worth it mostly for aesthetics. But even then considering I have black, not even sure how much of a noticable difference it would be from a far anyways.

But if it gets cooler temps than that's a plus too.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
#1 cooling mod for a gasser without tow package is the 850 fan. I'll try the grille if I can get one for $500. Every bit helps. I often wheel in 110F.

Sponsored

Tom C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude Diesel
Awesome! i hate the black grill that came with my willys (i mostly hate that it’s fully black and not just the middle like the satin grills). Will probably upgrade to one of these in the future
What year is your Willis? If mine comes in
Right. LOL. I still have mixed feelings on the new grille personally. I think it looks good in the OPs white. However, I'd def like to see it in painted black.

Considering I have mixed feelings still, the fact that I'm pretty sure I'd have to remove my winch and possibly my bumper (running Rubicon steel OEM bumper with a Warn VR-10S), and the current cost; I probably won't be doing mine anytime soon if at all. When/If these become more available it may be worth it mostly for aesthetics. But even then considering I have black, not even sure how much of a noticable difference it would be from a far anyways.

But if it gets cooler temps than that's a plus too.
I think a Punk’n grill would look good on a white JT.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
I think a Punk’n grill would look good on a white JT.
I'm sure you're joking but I have black not white anyways.