First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
What custom springs in the rear? I have a rld topper and RTT as well. No lift yet. Looking. Anything with the axles yet to go with those 37” tires? Steering stabilizer? How about the spare. Fit under? Thanks?
The springs were ordered by my local shop from Deaver Spring (deaverspring.com). The shop handled all the details so I can’t tell you much more; however, they were made for a payload range of 900#-1200# on top of the 2.5” lift.

I have not done anything different with the axles and likely won’t unless something goes sideways. My intended use is overlanding not rock crawling. They should be fine for driving down fire roads and two-track. If I bend an axle shaft along the way, I’ll upgrade then. Same for the steering. Honestly, I own 2 Wrangler Rubicons and everything on the Gladiator is already heavier duty than the stock parts on the JKUR’s.

As far as the spare goes, my Toyo R/T’s measure out at 35.5” mounted and aired up. The spare wouldn’t fit until I aired it down to about 20#, but it did fit. If you have a tire that measures more than that, I doubt it would fit.
Sponsored

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Hi just curious whether those sliders are strong enough to jack up the vehicle with a hi-lift....
I’m not sure, I don’t have much experience with that. They are way heavier and sturdier than the thin Rubicon sliders. I wouldn’t be surprised if they could support it, though I have my doubts about those self-tapping screws stripping out the thin frame if it was a really big drop. If I decide I really like them I think I’m gonna have them welded as well.

Jeepmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1968 Chevy C10
Just received 1.5" BORA (Bulletproof Off Road Adapters) yesterday and installed them today. Very high quality. Each adapter is serialized to the invoice number - lifetime warranty, and made in USA.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20201227_113704

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20201227_113722

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20201227_114050

The factory wheel stud sticks out about 3/16".
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20201227_124539

However, the factory wheel has "pockets", so no need to grind down the excess stud that sticks out. The pockets in the wheel appear to be pretty deep, about 3/8" to 1/2" deep.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20201227_130052

Before...
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] Inked20201227_112414_LI

After...
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] Inked20201227_141104_LI

Overall, very pleased with installed appearance. Price is a bit higher ($65 each) than some of the others out there - but peace of mind for the high quality.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] Inked20201227_141052_LI

Last edited:

Sponsored

AKGerman

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Gas and ULSD consultant
The springs were ordered by my local shop from Deaver Spring (deaverspring.com). The shop handled all the details so I can’t tell you much more; however, they were made for a payload range of 900#-1200# on top of the 2.5” lift.

I have not done anything different with the axles and likely won’t unless something goes sideways. My intended use is overlanding not rock crawling. They should be fine for driving down fire roads and two-track. If I bend an axle shaft along the way, I’ll upgrade then. Same for the steering. Honestly, I own 2 Wrangler Rubicons and everything on the Gladiator is already heavier duty than the stock parts on the JKUR’s.

As far as the spare goes, my Toyo R/T’s measure out at 35.5” mounted and aired up. The spare wouldn’t fit until I aired it down to about 20#, but it did fit. If you have a tire that measures more than that, I doubt it would fit.
Excellent stuff man. Thanks. I’ve been worried about weight. Axle shafts. Splines. And the axles themselves. Didn’t know 35.5” on the Toyo’s RT. I like that. More than a 35” (which are usually 34.5” and smaller than the 36.5”s). Thanks!

Deleted member 24880

Added a set of RC cubes my wife got me for Christmas. Super simple install before I decided to splice the switch instead of using the connector that came with it. Real happy how they turned out. Will have to adjust them later tonight when it gets dark.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] DB7EC03D-2082-462E-AF8D-2145259C5589
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 6D56FE73-2763-4ACE-91CB-ADDEA477DD9C

Sponsored

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link
Installed rear lights in the steel Mopar bumper, hooked up to the factory auxiliary switches.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_0483
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_0485

DatacomGuy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland
Passive entry installed.
Just in time, too. It was 50 when I started at 9:10 this am, it hit the upper 20s by the time I was done.
It's all setup and works fine.
There was one part that broke - not sure where to get a replacement, will probably cost an arm and leg to get it replaced.
That little black vinyl sticky dot they put over the door handle screw access hole - the vinyl came off fine but the adhesive layer stayed on the door. Bummer.
Wait, we can add this feature.?!

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
Mounted the Teraflex "Mojave Special" 2.5" lift and NITTO 37" (37X13.50R17) Ridge Grapplers (emphasizing 13.50 as opposed to 12.50 for extra burly). So, total lift is approaching the 4" mark (not accounting for tire size) due to the Mojave rolling off the line about 1" higher than a Rubicon.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_0034

Last edited:

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator, '93 Landcruiser, '77 CJ, '88 Bronco
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Added some weather tight storage boxes to the bed. I like trifold hard covers but don’t like taking them off occasionally, so I was looking for some weatherproof storage that didn’t break the bank. I have another one of these in the back of my UTV for years and it’s held up to the weather great. Lockable, watertight and 50 gallon capacity each. Very tough and I can stand on them. They have tie downs, wheels, pull out handles, and even cup holders. Best of all they fit tight! Kobalt wheeled tool boxes on sale at Lowe’s for $54 ea.

Just finished a 2,000 mile ski trip to Colorado, through snow and some light rain. Everything inside the boxes stayed dry. Even better, they were loaded down with food, drinks, and clothes, so I just wheeled them inside the Condo when we got there. They are working out better than I though. Now I think I will replace the old Igloo with a refrigerator (ICECO JP42). Has anyone tried an ICECO JP42 yet?

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_0034

Sponsored