Sponsored

Wife's buying something new. She hates JL/Ts... Hoping to talk her into a 4 Runner....

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
400/month and no money down is nothing in today’s world. Even at 84 months that’s what, 33 grand? So you’re looking for a well equipped Honda Civic or possibly a base model Accord.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Alpine Warthog

Alpine Warthog

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 98 XJ
Occupation
Retired USAF Police Officer
400/month and no money down is nothing in today’s world. Even at 84 months that’s what, 33 grand? So you’re looking for a well equipped Honda Civic or possibly a base model Accord.
Yeah, She finally figured it out. Had to up it a bit LOL

JTGuy

First Name
Pascual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Manager
Now I know why I am single.

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
We recently went through this. If i left it to her, we would have ended up with a Tesla. Don't think that would work well for us as a family car. Long trips would suck. I really liked the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer but did agree with her that one Jeep is enough for now. We finally settled it last week with a '24 Sequoia 4x4. She is happy with it. It's a large comfortable vehicle with all the bells and whistles including a large 14" screen like the Tesla. She did tell me I can't put a lift and offroad tires on so I figured I'll just put on a leveling kit and some mild AT tires for those couple of times we go camping at the campgrounds. The only thing I didn't like was the like of full time 4 wheel drive or even better 4auto like my JT. It would be useful for our winter mountain trips.

Sponsored

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
Just let her buy what she wants. If she want a Subaru, what skin off of your nose is it to you?

Bitching

First Name
Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willy’s
Occupation
Logistics
let her get whatever she wants/ likes. you have your toy, let her have one. she might end up with something you actually like too.
Give the Lady everything she wants and you’ll get everything you need.

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys / Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Occupation
Retired for now!
Bronco Sport is junk
My wife had a Bronco Sport Badlands edition with the 4 cylinder engine. It was a great vehicle and we would still have it except for the reason my wife thinks she needed more space. Now she has a Grand Cherokee Limited L and is happy. Back to the Bronco Sport though, have you owned one and what was your experience to determined that they are "junk"? Thanks!

dmwphoto

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
Over 40 years of automotive service experience and owned nearly 100 new cars. Test drove Bronco and Bronco sport. Found the sport to be below average in nearly every aspect. Glad you and your wife enjoyed yours.
it is obviously not for me and I would not recommend it to others.

JTGuy

First Name
Pascual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Manager
After a long difficult marriage and now single for almost 25 years I have some advice to all,,,,,, Happy wife, Happy life.

Sponsored

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys / Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Occupation
Retired for now!
Over 40 years of automotive service experience and owned nearly 100 new cars. Test drove Bronco and Bronco sport. Found the sport to be below average in nearly every aspect. Glad you and your wife enjoyed yours.
it is obviously not for me and I would not recommend it to others.
There was quite a difference in the regular Bronco Sport with the 3 cylinder engine for most all the trims and the Badlands edition that had the best suspension and 4 cylinder turbo engine. I feel the others are good for around town however the Badlands is much more capable for a small Bronco. Not sure if you test drove a Badlands or not. I am not here to try and change your mind, I just spent a lot of time before the purchase and researched them throughly. Anyway, I would recommend the Badlands edition to anyone that wants a small SUV that you can take off road and enjoy. For serious off road adventures, I believe that a Jeep is the best option!

JTGuy

First Name
Pascual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Manager
From my days long ago with my 70 Bronco,,, I would have to get a 2 door Green, 2.7, auto, and then find a way to get the roof painted White. My Glady is much better than it ever was or the new ones will be.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
Just let her buy what she wants. If she want a Subaru, what skin off of your nose is it to you?
Normally I'd agree with this , however the OP said his wife is a "passenger princess" which I take to mean that he's driving it whenever they go somewhere.

I understand that, for the last car purchase my wife's parameters were "A backup camera"
Ha, I'm starting down this path as well with my wife. Her main criteria is " it must be boxy and small" <facepalm>

OP
OP
Alpine Warthog

Alpine Warthog

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 98 XJ
Occupation
Retired USAF Police Officer
Normally I'd agree with this , however the OP said his wife is a "passenger princess" which I take to mean that he's driving it whenever they go somewhere.
100% She wants me to drive so she's at least kind enough to let me give feedback on whether I fit in the driver's seat...
Sponsored