Sponsored

The clutch recall was recalled?

Pismo61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Jeep JL
From what I understand, it's a software update that limits torque output when the clutch temp hits a certain level, to prevent it from getting too hot and detonating the plate. The other part is they're replacing the clutch assembly, I'm guessing as a precaution due to previous wear from possible previous overheating.

But I'll try to get a solid answer tonight.
This makes sense.Funny in all the forums people get the recall done and never know exactly what was done.
Sponsored

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
I took mine in 2 weeks ago to get the inspection stickers replaced after I got a new windshield and the service adviser told me that he ordered the parts for the recall while I was there, without me even mentioning it.

So it may be worth giving your dealer a call just to ask.
Thanks for the follow-up.

Ding gus

First Name
Ding
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
I finally made it out of clutch recall purgatory this morning....well sort of... I had dealer "order" parts during my last service and never got a call (about a month ago). I called yesterday and first guy says they will have to order parts after an inspection and they should have kept my truck back in november....I called BS and he hung up on me. I call back and second guy discovers they do indeed have all the parts but there's some logistical problems with part numbers which is why I wasn't informed....I get a third guy to schedule service for today. After I drop truck off I get a call from the first guy saying he will order parts today....SMH. I've been bounced around on hold since 9am. I did have them confirm it is indeed a pressure plate and flywheel and some other 3rd mystery part.....fingers crossed...

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
I finally made it out of clutch recall purgatory this morning....well sort of... I had dealer "order" parts during my last service and never got a call (about a month ago). I called yesterday and first guy says they will have to order parts after an inspection and they should have kept my truck back in november....I called BS and he hung up on me. I call back and second guy discovers they do indeed have all the parts but there's some logistical problems with part numbers which is why I wasn't informed....I get a third guy to schedule service for today. After I drop truck off I get a call from the first guy saying he will order parts today....SMH. I've been bounced around on hold since 9am. I did have them confirm it is indeed a pressure plate and flywheel and some other 3rd mystery part.....fingers crossed...
Aren’t there any mopar techs that are members here that could get a breakdown of what the clutch recall entails? @Charles 236 - did you mention you were a mopar tech? do you have any info you can share?
thx in advance!

Charles 236

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Jeep technician
I have not actually performed the latest recall for the clutch yet. I don't remember anything about an inspection for the current clutch recall, but I do remember that there is a PCM flash included in the recall. In many recalls, replacement parts are the same parts as the parts being replaced, but since it is a recall there are new recall specific numbers that have to be used in order for the dealership to be reimbursed for the repairs.

I'm not at the dealership today, I only work Monday - Wednesday anymore. If I were, I would look up the recall, I remember seeing that there was a new clutch recall, maybe I even read it, but it is not fresh in my mind right now.

Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Has anyone heard anything at all about the 21+ gladiators? My wife's 2018 Wrangler just came back from the repair this afternoon, but they still have no clue when parts for my 2021 Gladiator will be ready. I'm getting real frustrated.

I think I'm more frustrated because they have brand new 2024s on the lot with manuals, so I feel like the 2021, 2022s, and 2023s were just forgotten.

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Has anyone heard anything at all about the 21+ gladiators? My wife's 2018 Wrangler just came back from the repair this afternoon, but they still have no clue when parts for my 2021 Gladiator will be ready. I'm getting real frustrated.

I think I'm more frustrated because they have brand new 2024s on the lot with manuals, so I feel like the 2021, 2022s, and 2023s were just forgotten.
Amen to that. I have a '21 and while my clutch is functioning, whenever I ask anyone with Jeep about the recall, I just get "crickets...."
Are the '24's rolling out with the same old manual tranny?

TheBEAR

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I have a 22 6MT Mojave and I scheduled to have the gear sensor recall and the clutch recall done at the same time.
Gear sensor was completed but was told they can't do the clutch because they have to do 2018-2020 Wranglers and Gladiator first.

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con

To my understanding there is no experation time frame for a recall, correct? Does that mean I can drive my jeep until I need a new clutch?

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To my understanding there is no experation time frame for a recall, correct? Does that mean I can drive my jeep until I need a new clutch?
My wife's had 73000 miles on it. So that's pretty nice. New clutch at 73000.

Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Amen to that. I have a '21 and while my clutch is functioning, whenever I ask anyone with Jeep about the recall, I just get "crickets...."
Are the '24's rolling out with the same old manual tranny?
The gearing is the same, so I assume the transmission is too. But I sat in a 24 wrangler and worked the pedal a few times. The clutch feels much stronger. That is, it actually has some feedback. My wife's new replacement clutch feels better too. I don't know if it's just because it's new, or if it's truly different.

OP
OP

Quickstep192

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
So, it seems the solution for the recall is available. Should I have been notified?

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, it seems the solution for the recall is available. Should I have been notified?
Depends on your model year. They're only fixing 2018-2020s right now, which means just 2020s on Gladiators.

OP
OP

Quickstep192

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Depends on your model year. They're only fixing 2018-2020s right now, which means just 2020s on Gladiators.
So, my Gladiator is a 2021. Does that mean they’ll never do 2021’s, or is it a phase-in kind of thing?
Sponsored