Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Guys,

I know I am late to this discussion. While researching into different solutions, I stumbled on to Valvomax. The company is owned by a Veteran and is headquarted in Houston, TX. I like their solution the best and it is complete set with drain hose. Here's a Youtube video that talks about it,

I am ordering one for all my vehicles, since my sons and I change the oil on our own vehicles. Oil changes on Guam from a dealer, which is more expensive, or a mechanic shop can run as high as $80. I can change my oil for less than $35.00 depending on the oil and filter prices here. The great part, since I am spending more than $50 on my order, it is free shipping, via USPS. I just thought I share another solution.
+1
I just did "THE FIRST OIL CHANGE" on my 2021 Gladiator and spun on one of these. Did some research and went with the ValvoMax. Decision based on anecdotal evidence of Fumoto mechanical failures.

Sponsored

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
@XraytecH

Don't know where you come up with " based on anecdotal evidence of Fumoto mechanical failures."

That is pure spewing crapola by a Novice... Post some links to posts regarding said mechanical failures... good luck with that...
Wow...

Are you the CEO of the Fumoto company? Just stating why I went with ValvoMax. Mainly based my decision on what YouTuber Gearhead Scotty said.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I’m not a fan of a valve sticking out of my oil pan.
Never have been. Just one more thing to fail or break off.
And I don't know about the Pentastar, but many oil drain plugs have a magnet incorporated, so as to help remove ferrous shavings.

Kevin

Last edited:

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
No, I just take issue with someone spewing absolute pure crapola.

SURE, you are entitled to install what you want ....

BUT to come here and post FAKE NEWS, ---> you said "based on anecdotal evidence of Fumoto mechanical failures." you went with...

Truth of the matter is the Fumoto has a top notch track record and is not at all known to experience mechanical failures of any kind... AND.... if a guy with a Jeep does use an oil drain valve, 9 times out of 10 it will be a Fumoto....

Guys especially like that you can install a Fumoto and have a drain hose attached.... then they place the skid plate back on .... protecting the Fumoto.... and then when they want to drain oil, they just open the valve and drain oil...

As far as YouTube videos..... MOST all of the guys/gals doing the videos are getting paid to do the videos and post positively in regard to the product... even if the product is lacking.. Really not good to take for granted what you see on a YouTube video.
I’m over it now have a nice day.

just_another_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
No, I just take issue with someone spewing absolute pure crapola. Save that for Facebook..

SURE, you are entitled to install what you want ....

BUT to come here and post FAKE NEWS, ---> you said "based on anecdotal evidence of Fumoto mechanical failures." you went with...

Truth of the matter is the Fumoto has a top notch track record and is not at all known to experience mechanical failures of any kind... AND.... if a guy with a Jeep does use an oil drain valve, 9 times out of 10 it will be a Fumoto.... this has been true for years and years...

Jeeper's especially like that they can install a Fumoto and have/and leave 24/7, a drain hose attached.... then they place the skid plate back on .... protecting the Fumoto when offroading.... and then when they want to drain oil, they just open the valve and drain oil without having to remove the skid plate.

As far as YouTube videos..... MOST all of the guys/gals doing the videos are getting paid to do the videos and post positively in regard to the product... even if the product is lacking.. Really not good to take for granted what you see on a YouTube video.
There's multiple amazon reviews, some with photos, that state the valves leak. Even if it was a 1% failure rate that's enough to deter me.

Sponsored

just_another_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Kevin_D

The JL and JT's oil drain plug (regardless of engine) is not magnetized.

Obviously, you can buy aftermarket plugs that are.

Many guys use a gun magnet ... they let it grab onto the oil pan bottom. Remove it just before pulling the plug or opening the oil drain valve..

Gun Magnet
Magnet.JPG
Hmmm...
I'd not considered an external magnet.
I have some HDD head rare-earth magnets around here. Maybe I'll give one a try.

See, I can learn stuff on this forum! :)

Kevin

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

just_another_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
There's multiple ones that will fit, I think they all use the same valve design though.

Funny.... In see a 5 star rating.. not that, that says much.. I'm not trying to be right... just hate to see misinformation posted. Sure any piece of hardware can fail..... but the Futomo is not prone to issues at all...
I'm not saying it's a bad piece of hardware, just that it's possible for them to fail and there can be huge consequences if it does

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Wow...

Are you the CEO of the Fumoto company? Just stating why I went with ValvoMax. Mainly based my decision on what YouTuber Gearhead Scotty said.

Many of Scotty Kilmer's videos and especially this one that has a giveaway tied to it, are paid sponsored videos. Had Fumoto gotten to him first, he would be stating the inverse.

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm reminds me of the quick oil change drain cap of the 90s it was basically the same but the drain tube had a heavy u shaped wire to push open the valve in the plug cap. I had one in my MJ and XJ for years. Until I left my Jeeps with someone while I was deployed for over a year. Got back they were missing.?

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

@Kevin_D

The JL and JT's oil drain plug (regardless of engine) is not magnetized.

Obviously, you can buy aftermarket plugs that are.

Many guys use a gun magnet ... they let it grab onto the oil pan bottom. Remove it just before pulling the plug or opening the oil drain valve..

Gun Magnet
Magnet.JPG

[/QUOTE]
I stuck a few H.D. magnets on the oil filters.

No axe throwing here of good or bad just something to think about on it something else to snag on rock, log ect. How often is everyone here draining the oil once a month or more or like 3 times a year? ? If the latter over five years that's fifteen times. I vampire my oil samples out of dipstick tube though. I have a vacuum pump, same way I learned in Army to pull a sample. I just think it's a good idea but not a needed thing on a oil cycle of up to 10000 miles. Now if you change at 3000 miles could be. My LJ oil change is normal is about 5000 miles with possible filter change in middle. I only have used synthetic oil in it. A few went to about 8000 miles ?

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
Concerning the use of Mobil products, I read in my manual that we can only use engine oil that has the code recognition of "Chrysler MS-6365". Failure to use engine oils with this would void the warranty. I did extensive googling on the Mobil oils and this designation is not found including Mobil 1 and 3000.

I had, in my previous vehicle 2017 tacoma, used 0/20 Mobil 3000 and had some left over and was going to use it again in the Gladiator. I read my book and it made this claim and was quite surprised actually. I just opted to go with Amsoil 0/20 in stead that has the Chrysler code designation on the back of the bottles and donated the Mobil product to a friend. I have no idea what the MS-6395 means but better safe than sorry.

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
I'm thinking of getting a Fumoto, but then wondered, how much thread sticks up into the oil pan? This would prevent a complete drain. If you were to drain the oil until it stops dripping, then remove the Fumoto valve, would more oil drain out?

Also I hear it's a slower drain. Wouldn't that decrease the "flushing" action of removing any dirt. Removing the drain plug causes a gushing outflow which I would think helps removal of sediment. I like the idea, but I'm not sold yet.

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
Concerning the use of Mobil products, I read in my manual that we can only use engine oil that has the code recognition of "Chrysler MS-6365". Failure to use engine oils with this would void the warranty. I did extensive googling on the Mobil oils and this designation is not found including Mobil 1 and 3000.

I had, in my previous vehicle 2017 tacoma, used 0/20 Mobil 3000 and had some left over and was going to use it again in the Gladiator. I read my book and it made this claim and was quite surprised actually. I just opted to go with Amsoil 0/20 in stead that has the Chrysler code designation on the back of the bottles and donated the Mobil product to a friend. I have no idea what the MS-6395 means but better safe than sorry.
Your warranty can not be voided by not using an oil that is FCA certified MS-6395. Consumer protection act and all. If they required a specific item be used then they would be required to supply it.

And to quote the manual:

Engine Oil Selection 3.6L Engine For best performance and maximum protection under all types of operating conditions, the manufacturer only recommends engine oils that are API Certified and meet the requirements of FCA Material Standard MS-6395.

Notice word "recommends" and does not mention "requires". They can only recommend certified oil, not require you to use it. Nor can your warranty be voided by not using certified oil.
Sponsored