First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
VR EVO REMOTE RECALL...after several emails back and forth with a customer service representative from Warn this is where it stands for now...

So, the answer I received is that once the new remote is done being made and in stock they will then determine if the new remote will be available to current VR EVO owners.

Previous emails had stated that we would receive a replacement "wired" remote and a $100 gift card. The gift cards would come by email and are being sent out in weekly batches.
I've received the remote, see post above, but not the gift card yet. I stated several times that I prefered the wireless remote and didn't really like the idea of he wireless hub that was suggested could be bought with the gift card. I told them that I didn't like the idea of using my phone in the inclement weather that the winch would probably be needed in.

I'll pass along any other info I get.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RudeJeepin

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Picked up a set of Rough Country 0.75 inch front lift spacers. Install was super easy. Removed the front tires, removed the lower shock bolt, lower sway bar bolt and lowered the axle. Then I could pull out the spring. I did one side at a time and also had access to a lift.
The only complaint I have is the spacer didn't have the alignment pins that the stock upper isolator has, some of the other brands have these pins. Rough Country recommends cutting the pins off the stock upper spring isolator. Instead I drilled small holes in the RC spacer for the OE to poke into. I aligned the OE isolator up with the top of the springs and bolted everything ba k together, easy peasy.
Now I'm back to the factory rake, or maybe my front is a tad higher, but not much.
There is a good chance that eventually I will install a small lift (1.5 Clayton) down the road. That's the biggest reason I didn't want to cut the locator pins.
Overall I'm happy for the $30 I spent. Took less than an hour using a lift, axle jack, power tools and a second set of hands. My son didn't need to do much, but when he helped it really made a difference.

OP
OP
RudeJeepin

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Forgot this...
Swapped out my headlight bulbs for a set of Sylvania Silverstar Ultras H13.
20221231_193626.jpg

Low beam, passenger new, driver OE. Passenger was a royal pain, I have a diesel. After much fiddling around I managed to get the cap out of the way.
20221231_193657.jpg

Highbeam, pass new, driver OE again.
The wall is the same color all the way acrossed.
The driver side was cake, just pull the airbox out of the way.
Added this...

This last weekend I drove my wife's Wrangler twice after dark. Once in the rain and once in decent weather. Both times I was thinking to myself that it seemed kinda dark out. Monday morning in the dark on the way to work in my Gladiator I decided that the replacement headlight bulbs I put in were definitely brighter. I will be buying a set for her Wrangler before long.
Yes, I believe they are worth it.

OP
OP
RudeJeepin

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Time to go camping with my wife's family. Quick stop for groceries.
Jeep Gladiator RudeJeepin's JTRD Journey 20230630_130859

Head home Tuesday, reload trailer and Wednesday head for the Oregon dunes. Gonna meet up with my sister and brother inlaw to play with our SxSs.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
RudeJeepin

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
7/6/23
Just a quick couple of pics from our last outing to Florence. Cooler goes in the hole to the bottom left, we have a portable AC that can go in the taller center spot.
Jeep Gladiator RudeJeepin's JTRD Journey 20230705_094619

The ramp door is kinda ugly so I picked up this cheap tapestry to hide it.
Jeep Gladiator RudeJeepin's JTRD Journey 20230705_195049~2

Camp is setup and we're ready to relax and have some fun.
Jeep Gladiator RudeJeepin's JTRD Journey 20230706_112803

OP
OP
RudeJeepin

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Camping season is getting close. Building out a lift bed in the cargo trailer.
Bed mode...
IMG_20240310_175045.jpg

Couch mode...
IMG_20240310_175045 (1).jpg

Still need to add the slats and rig up the winch/lift system.

RubiNewbCB

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD, 07 Mustang GT, 05 Hoe, 90 Fox body 393W
Occupation
USN Seabee (1994-2021Ret.) / Current status DoD Contractor
Would be cool if the Flip bed could setup in either direction, for interior seating or to view the exterior patio!

OP
OP
RudeJeepin

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Would be cool if the Flip bed could setup in either direction, for interior seating or to view the exterior patio!
I'm one step ahead of you. Neither side is anchored, so it can go either way.
The wife decided she wants a different mattress than I was originally gonna use. So once it gets here I might have to adjust the pivot point.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RudeJeepin

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Slats are in, used my cordless staple gun.
Jeep Gladiator RudeJeepin's JTRD Journey IMG_20240322_200947
Jeep Gladiator RudeJeepin's JTRD Journey IMG_20240326_042738
Jeep Gladiator RudeJeepin's JTRD Journey IMG_20240322_200947

Loaded up and headed to the Oregon coast.

We have the beach all to ourselves...
Jeep Gladiator RudeJeepin's JTRD Journey 20240330_073255

Dog is wore out now. Here is the bed all made...
Jeep Gladiator RudeJeepin's JTRD Journey 20240330_091307

We ordered a mattress from Amazon and then my wife added a memory foam topper. Removed the topper and slept better. Should of got another mattress like the one from Ikea, it had internal coil springs...

Last edited:

RubiNewbCB

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD, 07 Mustang GT, 05 Hoe, 90 Fox body 393W
Occupation
USN Seabee (1994-2021Ret.) / Current status DoD Contractor
I remember now, thanks for the link!

OP
OP
RudeJeepin

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Ok, I've lived with the Vent Shades and the steps for awhile now, so I'll give a little review.

I absolutely love the vent shades. I've left the windows cracked several times when it's raining with no issues of getting water inside. I roll the windows down until their just above the bottom of the shade. Nice part about this is it's almost impossible to tell the windows are down from the outside.
When it's sunny and the dog is in the truck, I'll roll them down about 2 inches or so past the shade. So far that's been enough air flow. Haven't been super hot yet, but we don't usually leave the dog in the vehicle if it's that hot.

Now to the steps. They are pretty beefy and feel solid when climbing on them. I haven't used them as sliders and don't really plan on it. I think they can handle a little rubbing. I'm gonna guess no pivot turns, but could be wrong. I'll report back if I abuse them some.
As far as a step, they are probably too high to really be useful. When I step up on them, I feel like I have to climb down to get seated in the Jeep. But I do like the clearance of them. Plus they should help with door dings in parking lots. And they help with the dog not scratching up the door sills so much.
Eventually I'll put bigger tires and a small lift on this thing. At that time I'll probably look into some kind of drop step I can easily attach/remove from the under side of these.
But for now I'm satisfied, they serve the purpose I got them for. Especially at the clearance price I paid.

mkopec

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
8/27/22
Niece's birthday.
Jeep Gladiator RudeJeepin's JTRD Journey 20240424_192631

Mine, my mom's, my youngest boy's, and my daughter's. Guess you could sy we're a Jeep family. I've even rubbed off on my inlaws, he has a 21JLU Sahara Diesel and she has a 2016 Grand Cherokee.

8/4/22

Hooked up to my still in progress convertion cargo/camp trailer.
Pulled fine, stopped ok. Headed to the Oregon Coast.

9/20/22

Got the RedArc trailer brake installed.
Hooked up to the Cargo trailer again, this time loaded with 3 dualsport motorcycles and headed to Southern Oregon. Took my 2 boys with to a group ride in Prospect.
Having the trailer brake controller and tow mirrors made the pull that much more relaxing.

Tow Mirrors...have to order 2 to get each side covered...
CIPA 11950 Clip-On Towing Mirror Black & Silver, 15.75 Inch https://a.co/d/242cNyy
That looks like the perfect placement to me. Are you still satisfied?
Sponsored