What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator rubicon
Traded my manual black Mojave for an automatic hydro blue Rubicon - STRANGE market - got paid way more on trade than the original purchase price.

C5633D6D-B39E-4AD2-A2ED-2891D15E3E21.jpeg
Now that you've had both to compare. Let us know your feedback on the different feels of the different models. I'm always curious since I got a rubi but the Mojave always interested me too. And also the manual vs your auto feel.
Sponsored

jonsheritahe04

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2018 F250 Super Duty
Occupation
IT Support
Now that you've had both to compare. Let us know your feedback on the different feels of the different models. I'm always curious since I got a rubi but the Mojave always interested me too. And also the manual vs your auto feel.
Night and Day mainly due to the transmission.The Mojave was great fun the times I had it in 4WL And did not have to worrie about speed on improved trails or sand. Really, incredible difference in torque and responsiveness. But, the day to day with the stick was a complete pain in the butt Having to constantly down shift to keep speed on even small hills got old Quick. Love the Rubi, completely different beast with the auto and got more bells and whistles in the change out. It was kind of a no brainer with the increase in used car values due to the supply chain mess. Basically the way it worked for me is I got paid about 9k to drive the Mojave for just about a year, minus the cost of mod’s I put on the Mojave. My only regret was not even driving an auto when I bought the Mojave to start with. Oh and moving from the Holigen to LED lighting was huge as well. Not sure I notice much difference from the Mojave’s stock audio system vs the Rubi‘s Alpine system but I have not had much time to play with it. Looking forward to getting out to the trails to take advantage of the front and rear lockers, Mojave only had the rear locker.

So far very happy with the change out

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
Put on new wiper blades. Every six months whether it needs it or not. Did the wife's '19 GC Ltd. too.

Sponsored

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Took forever and a day, but finally got the new switch box installed and all the wiring neatly buttoned up. Most difficult part was cutting to the right length such that I could work with it, but not having too much excess. Switches:
1. Roof Light Bar
2. 4 A-Pillar Cube Lights
3. 4 Cargo Box Yellow Fog Cube Lights
4. 2 Rear Bumper Cube Lights
5. 2 Side Step Mounted Rock Cube Lights
6. Front Locker (TBI)
7. Winch Power (via isolator)
8. Air Compressor (via relay)

Last thing is to cut the cargo box fog harness to size and can finally drive it again.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] image
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] image
What mount did you use for the air compressor?

Ohio JKU

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Occupation
PM Construction
My kids and I installed the 1" part of the Terra flex leveling kit and a daystar 3/4" rear lift. Makes a 1" all around lift and keeps the factory rake. Straight forward a few hours of shop time and was fun.

reasoning: I plan to put on some 33" Cooper at maxx tires when due later this year. I think my suspension has "settled" when I look at new gladiators, so I wanted to do a small lift, keep the rake (I use it a lot) and be ready for 33"s.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] B0B795D2-EEB3-4C64-9BA6-77BCAE81920A

Sponsored

19Comanche86

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys,1986 Comanche XLS (LS1 swap)
Occupation
Firefighter/ Paramedic / Home inspector
Gave her a bath and some wax. Love this truck

0A772E55-E176-4E34-90B6-AB34EF2AEDD9.jpeg

chaosjake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR (Dolly/Ahab), 2017 WRX (Hilda)
It was finally warm enough out to work on the Jeep, so I installed a dead pedal and Goose Gear rear seat delete. Removed the check strap on the passenger side back door so it will open far enough to get the dog stairs into it, and took my old dog for his first ride in the new Gladiator.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20220212_221506909.MP

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Installed MaxTow rear springs on Icon 1-3/8" aluminum spacers on the Mojave, and threw on rear shock and lower control arm skids. Weight of cap and some traction boards added about 200lbs. to bed, and compessed rear suspsion a little. Ride is still great.....jack