Sponsored

What does a Jeep Gladiator have in common with a Harley Davidson?

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
....if they made airplanes, would you fly in them?
Thank you for flying Jeep airlines. Unfortunately, we will be delayed while we bypass our auxiliary battery.

Attention passengers, we just went into limp mode at 30,000 ft. Might be the cam phasers…fuel pump….

Stan H

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2021
Occupation
Safety Consultant
They both have more after market parts than any other brand and the seats are hard as flint.

Chunky White

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Industrial Electrician
They are both purchased based on emotion, so the price continues to rise. Back I the mid to late 1970's new 304 v8 , 3 speed manual transmission, no top or doors was $5,995! This was at Vance & Sons AMC JEEP in Houston , TX. Yep...they went up a bit!
My first vehicle was a 94' YJ with the 4cyl and manual transmission. It was $12,500 new. I added another $2000 which was trailmaster 4" lift, wheels and 33" tires and was done modifying it for the most part. I did add a center console and pieced together a stereo as quickly as a 16 year old could. I have owned 6 grand cherokees. 1 ZJ, 2 Limited WJ's with the 4.7, a WK Limited with the Hemi, 1 WK2 SRT and a WK2 Limited with the 3.6. The Gladiator is the most capable and easiest to modify but its almost the most expensive. I should have kept the SRT and bought a cheaper truck

I think Jeeps and Harleys for the most part are owned by people who won't settle for the anything other than what they feel is the most hardcore motorcycle or 4x4. I have not seen many other vehicles that can hang with a Jeep off road. I have not owned a Harley yet but have looked at a few of them because couldn't justify buying one because of my work schedule and weather. I leave the roof and doors on the Jeep

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gladiatorx2

Gladiatorx2

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Police Officer
They both have more after market parts than any other brand and the seats are hard as flint.
I agree on the hard seats! They seem fine when you first sit down but even 2 hours later I have to get out and walk. I am 6'2" and 290. As they get older they seem to get better. As I side note the seats in my Grand Cherokee L were much better.

Trophyhill

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Occupation
Construction
Lmao that was one of the first things I switched out on the bike. Factory Harley seats suck for the most part unless you buy a CVO

Chunky White

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Industrial Electrician
The first thing that popped in my head was that with the bike, the prick’s on the outside and with the other, the prick’s on the inside.

Then I realized I was thinking about the difference between a porcupine and a Porsche. 😏
I thought it was porcupine and a BMW

Chunky White

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Industrial Electrician
It all depends on which manufacturer’s cars you drive. Lol
Yeah I am the prick on the inside for sure 😉

My uncle told me that joke when his grandson got a used BMW for his 16th birthday. Hes an old school hot rodder guy who only likes Ford. My little cousin is most definitely a prick

Sponsored

Stan H

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2021
Occupation
Safety Consultant
I would love to find a seat upholstery shop to add soft loft to my seat . It wears my back side out. Other than that I love my JT.

OP
OP
Gladiatorx2

Gladiatorx2

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Police Officer
The seat has always been my biggest complaint. I did notice that my Rubicon with leather seats were more comfortable. It seems like on the equipment summary print outs one showed the seat cushion code to be an "A " and the other was a " B " seat cushion. I know that both Sport S cushions seemed harder

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
I would love to find a seat upholstery shop to add soft loft to my seat . It wears my back side out. Other than that I love my JT.
I have the Overland (Firecracker Red with tan cloth interior) and I find the seats are actually more comfortable than in my '19 Grand Cherokee Ltd. I've done 12-13 hour (one way) drives and haven't had an issue with my seats. Maybe they put nicer cushioning in the Overland than some of the other trim levels?

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
You can definitely spent a lot oof money on accessories and mods on both. Last week after I replaced the taillights on my JT I swear I heard my Low Rider say it needed new pipes.
Sponsored