Sponsored

Wow, Hurricane 6 engine has no dip stick?

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BMW IX Electric, '23 Diesel Gladiator
Occupation
None of your business :)
My BMW IX doesnt have it either ...oh wait.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
When I bought our XC90 I bought the 100k warranty and 100k service package. All I have to do is call the dealer, they show up to the house with a loaner and bring it back when they're done.
They wonā€™t do that for us. Weā€™re 1.5 hours from the nearest one. I do all maintenance on ours other than major warranty issues. We just had a freon leak that required a hose replacement. Same day fix, but had to drive it to Denver. Oil changes and tire rotations are easier at home. I installed a fumoto valve on it, just like the jeep.

Sponsored

Banned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator
Occupation
Mariner
Dipstick? We don't need no stinking dipstick.

Janster

First Name
Jandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Gladiator Mojave X
Occupation
Biller
Dipsticks are old schoolā€¦ā€¦ Welcome to the new ageā€¦..

These newer vehicles have stuffed soooo much extra engineering, technology, and safety into the same size engine bay as previous vehicles - you canā€™t access anything without taking a gazillon other things off first. What a pain in the ass!!
My husband owns a BMW - itā€™s just easier to let the dealership do the maintenance. Besidesā€¦if you screw something up, it costs $$ to fix it!!

Itā€™s unfortunateā€¦..fast forward 20+ yearsā€¦.. when 2010ā€™s & ā€™20ā€˜s vehicles will become the ā€˜classicā€™ cars of the era. Will the younger generation be working on them, polishing them up, and parading them around like we do with those 60ā€™s, 70ā€™s classics?
I can only imagineā€¦. All those techy parts, sensors, emissions, & computers (etc) will become obsolete because theyā€™ll be pushing us to electric vehicles.

Auto Makers donā€™t want you to work on your vehiclesā€¦ā€¦ they want you to pay the dealership to do the work. Auto Mechanics will become one of the highest demand careersā€¦ā€¦ If it isnā€™t already. And Iā€™m OK with thatā€¦. As long as theyā€™re getting paid for their worth.

Sponsored

JTGuy

First Name
Pascual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Manager
Looks like the JT and JL will NOT be getting the Hurricane for a few years.

pharmfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
retired
I am now 77 but as a boy growing up around the service station my dad managed I was thoroughly
schooled in 'full service at the pumps'. As the customers vehicle was waiting for the pump to
do its thing we would clean the windshield, ask IF we could open the hood and then check the oil,
transmission if they were automatics, battery, belts and 'look for issues'. On V8's especially you'd be surprised how often we'd find tools left behind by others. One time in particular my dad found a gold necklace and pendent wrapped around the fan, the owner was so thankful as it had been missing for sometime. It seems to me I heard years ago that Rolls-Royce hoods couldn't be opened by us mere mortals. Progress, well maybe...

Hoss

First Name
Hollis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Automotive manufacturing
You guys are hilarious. Common questions: RTFM. Common problems, Itā€™s a jeep thing. No oil dipstick on an engine that literally none of you own but that you have all been asking for: literal tears.

AustyPosty

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep JK 2 door, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Aftermarket Parts Copywriter
Uh oh. Is Jeep gonna try to claim the engine is ā€œmaintenance freeā€ šŸ˜‚
Sponsored