First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Not for everyone but I like the look. Funny though, I still like the old cars with the stock steel wheels with the hubcaps off with whitewall tires. I am showing my age here...LOL!!! Most younger people now a days like the all black wheels and that's fine too.
Not saying it was bad, I have always associated them are hot rods and muscle cars.
Sponsored

MattHamilton

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Support Analyst
I love it!

Now, Can someone figure out how to make the computer work with a 22 inch rim on the rear and 16 inch rim on the front?

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys / Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Occupation
Retired for now!
Not saying it was bad, I have always associated them are hot rods and muscle cars.
I didn't take it that way at all. No problem and yes, I very much agree too! Thanks!

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
I love it!

Now, Can someone figure out how to make the computer work with a 22 inch rim on the rear and 16 inch rim on the front?
Thanks Matt! Hopefully some computer expert here will chime in and give you ideas!!!

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
I’ve always been a fan of older cars. My current wheels have somewhat of an older style to them but they’re flat instead of coke bottle styled. I’m not a black wheels guy, so these gunmetal wheels work perfectly for me
Jeep Gladiator Discount Tire Again??? IMG_6497

Sponsored

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
I’ve always been a fan of older cars. My current wheels have somewhat of an older style to them but they’re flat instead of coke bottle styled. I’m not a black wheels guy, so these gunmetal wheels work perfectly for me
Jeep Gladiator Discount Tire Again??? IMG_6497
Looks great Justin! Really like those as well !!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!

Joaquin1970

First Name
Sonny Cristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Professional Traveler
Well, I bought new Falken Wildpeak AT4/W tires about a week ago for my Firecracker Red Willys Gladiator. These tires are awesome! However, I felt there was just too much black with the solid black wheels and tires. So, I was going to find a set of Rubicon take off wheels, but most came with tires or the ones I found were just too well used up and not in new condition. I looked on the Discount Tire website and found the Vision Legend 5 wheels and fell in love with the wheels. So, I will be going back to Discount Tire to get the new wheels put on with my new tires I just got. I am old school and love the old style mag look. I think these will look darn good. Being an older dude, I like this look for sure. What do y'all think of my choice? I took a picture of what they will look like off the Discount Tire website. Pic below! Thanks!

Jeep Gladiator Discount Tire Again??? IMG_1083
Looking great! Real pics will tell for sure so post when you get them!

regarding Discount Tire, I took my Gladiator to them when I bought it and purchase the road hazard (for my wife’s new MINI also). My Gladiator has the Falken A/T 33’s and it was $177 total for road hazard. I highly recommend it. The day I bought it for my wife’s MINI with run-flats ($240 total) she had a flat that couldn’t be repaired. Tire replacement alone for the one tire would’ve been $355.00.

I paid $60 to replace that tires warranty, they ordered a new tire and it got installed. I’m still up $55.00 even if I don’t have another tire issue. Great option for a new car without road hazard.

HorsesRear

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired
Jeep Gladiator Discount Tire Again??? IMG_1083
That is one handsome Gladiator. I mean it really looks good.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
Looking great! Real pics will tell for sure so post when you get them!

regarding Discount Tire, I took my Gladiator to them when I bought it and purchase the road hazard (for my wife’s new MINI also). My Gladiator has the Falken A/T 33’s and it was $177 total for road hazard. I highly recommend it. The day I bought it for my wife’s MINI with run-flats ($240 total) she had a flat that couldn’t be repaired. Tire replacement alone for the one tire would’ve been $355.00.

I paid $60 to replace that tires warranty, they ordered a new tire and it got installed. I’m still up $55.00 even if I don’t have another tire issue. Great option for a new car without road hazard.
Good idea worth considering as well. Thanks!

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
Dang, a screw up with my order.... My new wheels were supposed to be in yesterday or today. I called early today, and they said the new wheels were to be delivered by about noon today or they would check tracking. I never got a call back, so I called just before they closed and after being on hold for a long time, the Discount Tire rep told me that there was a screw up on Vision's part and that the order was never sent out. Then he said they did have 4 available to ship out soon. Hmmm, how did they know they were supposed to be in by today if they weren't even shipped out? Anyway, I guess after paying for them in full already, I get to wait until next week at this time for Discount Tire to receive them. I know mistakes happen, however I feel I have been told some misinformation for someone's ordering mistake. I wish people would just admit a mistake as that for me anyway, would be much easier to accept then a fib. Kind of disappointed now....

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
If I had to guess they probably got prepped and labels created, which triggered the ship email and time lines, but… the wheels never got out the shipping dock.

It happens and is on vision, everything you or DT could see would be shipped.

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
If I had to guess they probably got prepped and labels created, which triggered the ship email and time lines, but… the wheels never got out the shipping dock.

It happens and is on vision, everything you or DT could see would be shipped.
Hope that is the case. I felt like DT was trying to cover for their mistake, however if they did everything correct on their end, it makes me feel better about their team who has been very good so far. Thanks for explaining Josh, it helps!

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
Well as soon as I’m ready to buy tires, these are going on my Firecracker Mojave. It’s got black stock wheels now, but I want to give it a much more retro vibe. I think these will do just that.
Jeep Gladiator Discount Tire Again??? IMG_1495

Jeep Gladiator Discount Tire Again??? IMG_3187

Jeep Gladiator Discount Tire Again??? IMG_1283

Already added a soft top and half doors for a more retro feel and driving experience.

Jeep Gladiator Discount Tire Again??? IMG_0566
Sponsored