Great MPGs

WilldWilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
So we took a trip from New Hampshire to the Carolinas to visit family, and look at property. I replaced the half worn BFG M/Ts with Hankook A/Ts. 2200 miles later we had averaged over 25 mpg. I used cruise control everywhere I could, and found 72 was the sweet spot. Anything faster, and the mileage started to drop. I was at over 26, but any stop and go, or local driving killed it. While in the Carolinas the mileage had dropped down to 20.7, but increased back to just over 25 when I arrived home. I was very impressed. Checked all my recipts against the mileage on the trip, and it was one tenth behind at 25.1 MPGs.
Jeep Gladiator Great MPGs FIRST MPG
Jeep Gladiator Great MPGs 26
Jeep Gladiator Great MPGs LAST MPG
Sponsored

PW45

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Dad, Veteran, Electrical Engineer
DAMN! Any hills out there? I might be able to get that all flat but not around here for sure.

I'll have to play around with mine, seems like my cruise control sweet spot is 65, I'd love to bump up a couple clicks

OP
OP
WilldWilly

WilldWilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
DAMN! Any hills out there? I might be able to get that all flat but not around here for sure.

I'll have to play around with mine, seems like my cruise control sweet spot is 65, I'd love to bump up a couple clicks
Mixed driving speed from 50 to 70 ish mph, some hills, but mostly flat ish. Almost no traffic going down, and several traffic jams coming back.

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
That's just about what I get with my Overland (ordered 5/19, built 6/19, delivered 7/19), still stone stock, and still has the factory tires.

Yeah, I set the cruise at 70 and roll on. I've seen as high as 27.2 MPGs with mine but I'm guessing I had a tail wind for that leg of the trip...my MPGs are calculated fill to fill. The dash is usually within 0.2-0.3 MPGs, either side of calculations.

DieselDave98

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Service Technician
That's just about what I get with my Overland (ordered 5/19, built 6/19, delivered 7/19), still stone stock, and still has the factory tires.

Yeah, I set the cruise at 70 and roll on. I've seen as high as 27.2 MPGs with mine but I'm guessing I had a tail wind for that leg of the trip...my MPGs are calculated fill to fill. The dash is usually within 0.2-0.3 MPGs, either side of calculations.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WilldWilly

WilldWilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
2022 Gladiator Rubicon diesel 27.5 mpg average Columbus Ohio to Daytona Beach
I guess the fact mine is a 3.6, I should be ecstatic about the mileage then. 27.5 is great for a flying brick.

OP
OP
WilldWilly

WilldWilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys

Sponsored

ArchEtech

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon M6
26mph in a 3.6 driving 72mph as the “sweet spot”? I call BS.

Maybe down hill and no wind.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Only us oil burners get that kind of MPG! Highest I've ever gotten is 35+. Granted that was between Flagstaff and Albuquerque. Yeah it's downhill. But it's only 6' per mile avg.
Jeep Gladiator Great MPGs IMG_20220623_134650433

OP
OP
WilldWilly

WilldWilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
26mph in a 3.6 driving 72mph as the “sweet spot”? I call BS.

Maybe down hill and no wind.
It was not the sweet spot to get up to 26 mpgs. It was the sweet spot before the mileage started to drop. The mileage slowly creeped up between 55, and 70. Anything over 72, and it slowly creeped down. You call BS? The proof is in the pic. I do not have a lead foot. I use cruise control everywhere I can. I do speed limits, or just a couple over. Most of my driving was flat with little to no grade. I have no mods, tires are stock size, stock gears. If you do not believe it, it is your problem. I am just pointing out that it is achievable. my 2021 JLU with a 2.0T with same size tires, and gears could only get 22 mpgs no matter how hard I tried.

Hunter#1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Freedom.
Occupation
Retired, Now a Paraprofessional for the school system
Steady highway driving I average 25 mpg. When driving the 4 mile round trip from home, work and back, I average 15/16. Combined driving where we vacation , I average 21 mpg. It's a 3.6 gas job, I'm happy with the mpg.

Gladiatorx2

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Police Officer
I have no trouble getting 22 mpg with the 245's in combined driving on my Max Tow. I dropped to 20 mpg combined with 315/70's. My best highway was 25 mpg. I hyper drive for mpg. Almost 7,000 miles in two months.
Sponsored