First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
I almost made it 3 years but my OEM batteries have died. 😕 Everything was fine yesterday but this morning was click-no-start. I knew it was coming so I should have ordered batteries to be ready but I didn’t. 🤬
Jeep Gladiator Well it finally happened… RIP OEM batteries IMG_8672
Sponsored

Beat Army

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Engineer
Is there a way to anticipate this? I’m at 2.5 years on the oem batteries and I really don’t want this to happen to me in the boonies. Should be under warranty? If I get past the warranty period on the original batteries I will probably look at an auto start stop delete and a genesis dual battery system for reliability purposes.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Is there a way to anticipate this? I’m at 2.5 years on the oem batteries and I really don’t want this to happen to me in the boonies. Should be under warranty? If I get past the warranty period on the original batteries I will probably look at an auto start stop delete and a genesis dual battery system for reliability purposes.
You would need to separate the two batteries and test them independently. It's a very flawed system. If one battery begins to fail it will suck the life out of the other one until they're both dead.
Then you're looking at the situation above.

You really don't need the expensive dual battery system like Genesis, unless you're a heavy user of battery resources, such as camping and running appliances off of the system.
Just bypass or delete the auxiliary battery and install and good quality high capacity cranking battery.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I almost made it 3 years but my OEM batteries have died. 😕 Everything was fine yesterday but this morning was click-no-start. I knew it was coming so I should have ordered batteries to be ready but I didn’t. 🤬
Jeep Gladiator Well it finally happened… RIP OEM batteries IMG_8672
FWIW, I replaced both of mine and almost made it three years as well. I used a yellow top to handle winching better, and a die hard aux 14 for the aux. it was a straight forward replacement. Sorry yours won’t start.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
FWIW, I replaced both of mine and almost made it three years as well. I used a yellow top to handle winching better, and a die hard aux 14 for the aux. it was a straight forward replacement. Sorry yours won’t start.
Also, I can’t recommend the fender removal to install the replacement aux enough. It makes it so easy. Just get some replacement white fender clips in advance.

Sponsored

Rc328

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Occupation
Eng
I have to start preparing for this , I have 22, and when I don't drive it for more that 3 days sometimes it has issues cranking

whysoserious

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, 2006 Rubicon
Occupation
Professional former employee
I have to start preparing for this , I have 22, and when I don't drive it for more that 3 days sometimes it has issues cranking
I keep mine on an AGM battery tender. It's habit now whenever I park it in the garage. It's hardwired with a connector near the winch.

OP
OP
azmojave

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
I was going to order the dual battery kit months ago but kept putting it off. Now it’s too late. If you wanna do it, order now and have it ready. I was going to order the stock replacement kit since I don’t run a winch or anything like that. You can always upgrade later.
https://www.genesisoffroad.com/2018-Jeep-JL-JT-Stock-Battery-Replacement-Kit_p_295.html

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty easy to keep track - just check voltage at rest now and then.
None-driving is a battery killer for most modern vehicles. People in a NAPA store were complaining they can't get batteries in their cars to last 4 years or more.

If you want to make them last longer, BatteryMinder will handle it (I put a tag on my door handle when it's plugged in to remind me but with this setup, it would simply pull the connections apart and do no damage) ->

Jeep Gladiator Well it finally happened… RIP OEM batteries PXL_20240301_205918451

Jeep Gladiator Well it finally happened… RIP OEM batteries PXL_20240301_205913426

Jeep Gladiator Well it finally happened… RIP OEM batteries PXL_20240301_205908666

I can tell just by observation of the running voltage how things are going and if it's been sitting a bit too long.
I don't know what the @#$% I plugged the BatteryMinder into that blue extension cord. I had installed an outlet just inches away several years ago - geesh -

Jeep Gladiator Well it finally happened… RIP OEM batteries PXL_20240620_163129386

Last edited:

Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave Sarge
Occupation
Gunsmith
Jeep Gladiator Well it finally happened… RIP OEM batteries PXL_20240620_163129386
As of your post, you have/had 2,654 messages on this forum and 26,542 miles on your JT. You may want to play the lottery tonight. And that is low miles for three years.

OP
OP
azmojave

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
As of your post, you have/had 2,654 messages on this forum and 26,542 miles on your JT. You may want to play the lottery tonight. And that is low miles for three years.
Ha! Two years ago I got a job 5 miles from my house. It keeps the mileage low

OP
OP
azmojave

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Pretty easy to keep track - just check voltage at rest now and then.
None-driving is a battery killer for most modern vehicles. People in a NAPA store were complaining they can't get batteries in their cars to last 4 years or more.

If you want to make them last longer, BatteryMinder will handle it (I put a tag on my door handle when it's plugged in to remind me but with this setup, it would simply pull the connections apart and do no damage) ->

PXL_20240301_205918451.jpg

PXL_20240301_205913426.jpg

PXL_20240301_205908666.jpg

I can tell just by observation of the running voltage how things are going and if it's been sitting a bit too long.
I don't know what the @#$% I plugged the BatteryMinder into that blue extension cord. I had installed an outlet just inches away several years ago - geesh -

PXL_20240620_163129386.jpg
None of that helps much in the Phoenix heat. I could barely get a battery to last a year in my motorcycles. Gonna be 111° today. But it’s a dry heat 🙄

OP
OP
azmojave

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
I have the batteries but the manager at Oreilly says the aux may not fit. She’s had complaints in the past. I will find out soon

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have the batteries but the manager at Oreilly says the aux may not fit. She’s had complaints in the past. I will find out soon
Which one did you get?
Sponsored