Sponsored

Pilsner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 21 JTR
That sounds promising as there are at least 5-7 people on the forum that are waiting for its release.

Keep saving guys😉

Lol. Here's an offroad truck that sucks offroad with 800lbs extra lbs of unnecessary expense!
Sponsored

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
The battery is never fully dead, it basically keeps 15% for it's own use even when it says 0. When you are towing you are steady state using the gas engine for the vast majority of it allowing the battery to charge off the engine. The battery is used to power the power adder so when you step on it to accelerate is when some battery will be used which is then replished when you stop accelerating.

So far all towing tests with the 4xe on the jlu forum rate it as the best towing wrangler besides the 392 because of the torque and the much better brakes.

There is a chance that if you were flooring it up the Eisenhower Pass or something for mile after mile that you could possibly reach thermal limits for the engine and prevent it from adding charge, which could eventually drop it down to just the base engine, but again under normal driving conditions this would be a non-issue.

Edit: people get fixated on the all electric range, but once the battery shows <1% on that, it switches to a traditional hybrid like the new tundra or Tacoma but with an even bigger battery still on reserve.
"Normal" driving conditions for some of us IS driving up mountains and frequent towing. So the use case stated here means that PHEV's are not as capable as gas or diesel. I agree PHEV is far superior to an EV for 99% of the people who use them for more than in-town commutes. But neither seem to be capable of what many people use these vehicles for. I want to drive across country without stopping for more than 15 minutes to refuel. I want to tow while doing it, up mountains and through every climate. I want to offroad for days without charging. I can't spend $100K on a vehicle to do this. They are not ready until they can do all of that IMO.

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
That is something we do not agree on. I much prefer the black fenders. To me the, body matched fenders and top, it's too much color and no contrast. I will say though, the painted hard top in some colors does look good as long as it's with the black fenders. Others will disagree with me and it's OK. One should buy what they like.

The last thing I wanted was painted fenders and a painted hard top. I found my JTR with black fenders and a painted hard top in Snazzberry. It actually looks really good in this configuration.
I don't like the black hardtop so I go for body color match if possible everytime. If they made the top white I would like that better, but black is way to hot in desert climates.

Xrayphoton1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator
I really hope the 4xe comes. I had a '22 but sold it bc the wife didn't want to learn to drive manual. It had no low end torque either and I hated the small 7" screen and poor stereo. A 4xe with the alpine stereo would solve all that. I'm dying to get back in a jeep but need a truck bed. Currently driving an f150 and miss being able to remove the top and doors

Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
"Normal" driving conditions for some of us IS driving up mountains and frequent towing. So the use case stated here means that PHEV's are not as capable as gas or diesel. I agree PHEV is far superior to an EV for 99% of the people who use them for more than in-town commutes. But neither seem to be capable of what many people use these vehicles for. I want to drive across country without stopping for more than 15 minutes to refuel. I want to tow while doing it, up mountains and through every climate. I want to offroad for days without charging. I can't spend $100K on a vehicle to do this. They are not ready until they can do all of that IMO.
So they're ready for you since they can do all that with out charging. It's a HYBRID, it's a gas jeep with a 125 HP electric power adder, it manages itself when you dont plugin and still provides the power regardless of if it was plugged in lately or not. It will tow cross country better than the diesel or plain gas, up mountains through every climate and gas up in under 10 minutes.

The only place you may notice it becomes the same as the plain gas engine is when towing up extreme mountain grades for mile after mile with no flat or downhill sections while also flooring it so that there is no extra power the gas engine can give. We're talking 2-3 miles here of this constant extreme uphill as well, not just a 1/4 or 1/2 mile type of thing. Unless your daily commute is the Davis damn towing 4k pounds at 70 this will be basically a non-issue for you.

keithcroshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S
meh

MY24.... got a screen, power seats, steel bumpers on the Mojave and ridiculous upcharge packaging.

Upcharging packages........on the MY24 JLUR, if you want painted fenders you have to pay $10k more for the Rubicon X
I couldn’t not get painted fender flares when I ordered my Sport S.
probably got taken for a ride…

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned that the 2020 Gladiator was revealed with just the 3.6L and then 2021 marked the intro of the diesel. Jeep can get 2024 buzz/sales off the 2024 "updates" and then additional buzz/sales from a 2025 4xe version. That's more marketing than anything else.

And I don't get the "Gladiator is going to be killed" narrative.
And yes the Dakota is coming, but from all accounts, it's going to be marketed below the Gladiator; especially from a price perspective. Stellantis has plenty of room to market below the $45-$65K range of the Gladiator.
That two details are in Jeeps history especially with the Dakota and killing off the Jeep pickups IE the Comanche ended due to the Dakota in 92 model year. The 92 MJ's are basically unfinished from 91 my MJ would have been a 92 if I had not ordered it as 91. Damned if I'm at good at getting orphan stuff. 🙄 :giggle: at least my "LJ" is a good one too.
There is alternative choices that can be made for transportation and other purposes but there is some industry's that are and will stop or block the development of it. I'm sure some highly educated people here know of some. Refined hydrocarbons are the top now and have been for 100 plus years. EV and PHEV can and do have a place. New technology power cells could change the world over night or as of now over decades. Look back at computers and cellular phones now one and same. Do we think we know everything going on. In 90s you could buy a computer in 3-6 months it was superceded by double capabilities.
Confused randomly thoughts over back to subject somewhat. I've thought about converting my MJ into electric in past, years back there was a gray area of people converting gasoline vehicles over to EV not as long range use but local commuting stuff. Many from outside looked the same. One had a S10 replaced engine (bay) with batteries and hooked electric motor to M/T in direct drive. That was pre common available LiPo batteries, using regular lead acid, it had over 30 miles range it was used locally for deliveries.
Would I buy or want a PHEV Gladiator maybe, out of my budget now and for much of markups cost of power and needing to plug in.... ??? My electric cost $.178 per KW yeah 17.8 cents per. Plus needed to install upgraded charging system at home, now I could install limited amount of solar panels and system that would add a substantial cost starting around $100-150.°° per 200w of solar then storage cells. But damn I'd love to pull into a EV parking spot and plug in a highly modified, dented, scuffed up, with lockers,rock crawling Jeep. :LOL:

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
They probably won't. It's been an option every year since the YJs.
I think the JK's started the "lack of color matching fenders with the full plastic ones not just the plastic trimmed fenders. :like:

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
I think the JK's started the "lack of color matching fenders with the full plastic ones not just the plastic trimmed fenders. :like:
I think the post I quoted was referring to flares rather than fenders even though it said "fenders".

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I think the post I quoted was referring to flares rather than fenders even though it said "fenders".
Yeah I think that too, but some don't really remember the CJ's,YJ's, or TJ's now. :giggle:

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
exactly my thoughts
There's a button for that purpose.

I really hope the 4xe comes. I had a '22 but sold it bc the wife didn't want to learn to drive manual. It had no low end torque either and I hated the small 7" screen and poor stereo. A 4xe with the alpine stereo would solve all that. I'm dying to get back in a jeep but need a truck bed. Currently driving an f150 and miss being able to remove the top and doors
Could've had an automatic with the Alpine audio, or regear.

Xrayphoton1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator
Could've had an automatic with the Alpine audio, or regear.
I could have but I bought it with the manual and non alpine bc it was what was on the lot and I liked the color and I've always loved manuals. My wife had a vehicle at the time and we didn't have a baby on the way like e do now. I was fine back then if she never learned to drive it. Things are different now. I honestly think if the 4xe doesn't come in 2025 I'll just order a 2024. I do still want the larger screen the 2024 offers over the 23. I've heard the auto with the 3.6l feels more powerful than the manual

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver