First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
That is something we do not agree on. I much prefer the black fenders. To me the, body matched fenders and top, it's too much color and no contrast. I will say though, the painted hard top in some colors does look good as long as it's with the black fenders. Others will disagree with me and it's OK. One should buy what they like.

The last thing I wanted was painted fenders and a painted hard top. I found my JTR with black fenders and a painted hard top in Snazzberry. It actually looks really good in this configuration.
We got our amid the end of Covid and didnt have a lot of options. I opted for the painted flairs in order to get the clod weather group. The wife needs heated seats more than i needed black flairs. Those are easy to change than adding heated seats LOL
Sponsored

cranbiz

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2017 WK2 Trailhawk, 2012 JK
Occupation
IT Analyst, Volunteer Firefighter
We got our amid the end of Covid and didnt have a lot of options. I opted for the painted flairs in order to get the clod weather group. The wife needs heated seats more than i needed black flairs. Those are easy to change than adding heated seats LOL
I get you.

In my case, my requirements were Rubicon with heated seats and bedliner, preferably with black fenders and hard top and under $50K. My wife's requirements was a "flashy color", no black, white gray. What I found was a 2021 Rubicon that had pretty much everything in it, black fenders but body colored hard top, had 3670 miles on it. It was Snazzberry, a color she very much liked and OTD at $47K. This was 2 months ago.

Maybe I should have waited. My original plan was to buy either in Feb or March after the 2024's hit the lots and to get a 2023 left over. I was looking at new 2023's but the only color she liked was the hydro blue and in July, the deals were not what they are now. Then again, the supply of Gladiators within 250 miles that had what I wanted and was in the $50K range was pretty slim. Plans changed when this used JTR popped up.

JTsGarage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
And yes the Dakota is coming, but from all accounts, it's going to be marketed below the Gladiator; especially from a price perspective. Stellantis has plenty of room to market below the $45-$65K range of the Gladiator.
If Stellantis is smart, the Dakota will be a unibody compact and aimed at the Ford Maverick. It will disappoint some but I think the midsize segment - Tacoma, Colorado, Canyon, Ranger, Ridgeline, Gladiator, Frontier - is about saturated.

Sponsored

TheDerb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
I wanted to wait to post until I found the article, but Stellantis has been promising that the entire line will be electrified since April of '21 when they announced it and it was reported on in Detroit. This isn't "new" news. They've been saying it all along. Whether or not this means the Gladiator gets a PHEV version isn't answered here. (1)

I'm not going to speculate on what the market is going to bring, but I do know that there is absolutely ZERO smoke in regards to the PHEV outside of internet rags like TFL and Top Speed talking about it and speculating. As far as what the OP is saying is the smoking gun that indicates that the Gladiator will be 4xe next year: Back in 2021 Stellantis said the same thing:

"Christian Meunier, the Global President of Jeep Brand, has said we are committed to making Jeep the greenest SUV brand. All Jeep models will carry an electrified option in the next few years and will modernize the brand as it strives to become the leader in green, eco-friendly premium technology." (2)

So, we have a company that has said for years it is going to become green, has shown us several new green models years in advance, has clearly indicated that 2025 is the year they are shooting for, and has made great strides in showcasing its technology to the paint that the Wrangler is now the best selling PHEV in America...

yet there is not one report- Not one stray indication anywhere, that links the actual Gladiator to the 4xe technology. Stellantis is tripping over themselves to put new info out about their new line, and yet they refuse to say a word about the Gladiator. Jeep announced the PHEV Wrangler in fall of 2019 but pictures were out far sooner than that. The 4xe GC was spotted in camouflage before its announcement. But there is NOTHING about a 4xe Gladiator. No where. Not a single pixelated photo.

It's Occam's razor, folks. The 4xe Gladiator isn't being announced because it doesn't exist.

(1)https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...ied-option-2025/7234691002/?ref=motorious.com

(2)https://www.motor1.com/news/483049/jeep-gladiator-4xe-official/

Dave-in-RI

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.GrowMeaningful.com
Vehicle(s)
2010 Subaru Outback (trade-in for 4xe Gladiator)
Occupation
Nonprofit Organizational Development Consultant
I wanted to wait to post until I found the article, but Stellantis has been promising that the entire line will be electrified since April of '21 when they announced it and it was reported on in Detroit. This isn't "new" news. They've been saying it all along. Whether or not this means the Gladiator gets a PHEV version isn't answered here. (1)

I'm not going to speculate on what the market is going to bring, but I do know that there is absolutely ZERO smoke in regards to the PHEV outside of internet rags like TFL and Top Speed talking about it and speculating. As far as what the OP is saying is the smoking gun that indicates that the Gladiator will be 4xe next year: Back in 2021 Stellantis said the same thing:

"Christian Meunier, the Global President of Jeep Brand, has said we are committed to making Jeep the greenest SUV brand. All Jeep models will carry an electrified option in the next few years and will modernize the brand as it strives to become the leader in green, eco-friendly premium technology." (2)

So, we have a company that has said for years it is going to become green, has shown us several new green models years in advance, has clearly indicated that 2025 is the year they are shooting for, and has made great strides in showcasing its technology to the paint that the Wrangler is now the best selling PHEV in America...

yet there is not one report- Not one stray indication anywhere, that links the actual Gladiator to the 4xe technology. Stellantis is tripping over themselves to put new info out about their new line, and yet they refuse to say a word about the Gladiator. Jeep announced the PHEV Wrangler in fall of 2019 but pictures were out far sooner than that. The 4xe GC was spotted in camouflage before its announcement. But there is NOTHING about a 4xe Gladiator. No where. Not a single pixelated photo.

It's Occam's razor, folks. The 4xe Gladiator isn't being announced because it doesn't exist.

(1)https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...ied-option-2025/7234691002/?ref=motorious.com

Well now you’re just being hurtful (ha)

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
I get you.

In my case, my requirements were Rubicon with heated seats and bedliner, preferably with black fenders and hard top and under $50K. My wife's requirements was a "flashy color", no black, white gray. What I found was a 2021 Rubicon that had pretty much everything in it, black fenders but body colored hard top, had 3670 miles on it. It was Snazzberry, a color she very much liked and OTD at $47K. This was 2 months ago.

Maybe I should have waited. My original plan was to buy either in Feb or March after the 2024's hit the lots and to get a 2023 left over. I was looking at new 2023's but the only color she liked was the hydro blue and in July, the deals were not what they are now. Then again, the supply of Gladiators within 250 miles that had what I wanted and was in the $50K range was pretty slim. Plans changed when this used JTR popped up.
was not a fan of red or sanzberry until we saw it in person. We drove 300 miles to look at it and i knew i wasn't going home without a gladiator HAHAHA the sanzberry in person was really nice. and now that we have it there are not a lot in my area so i feel kind of unique.

Sponsored

cranbiz

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2017 WK2 Trailhawk, 2012 JK
Occupation
IT Analyst, Volunteer Firefighter
was not a fan of red or sanzberry until we saw it in person. We drove 300 miles to look at it and i knew i wasn't going home without a gladiator HAHAHA the sanzberry in person was really nice. and now that we have it there are not a lot in my area so i feel kind of unique.
I drove 240 miles each way to buy mine (2x). We had looked at Snazzberry when it came out but we were not in a position then to buy.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red

Jim Morrison has specifically mentioned the 4xe gladiator twice now. Once on the trail recon video where he was asked about future gladiator power trains and said 4xe. Now at the NAIAS where he was asked about the gladiator and mentioned 4xe. They have not shown ANY 4xe models years in advance, only NEW all electric models that would not cannabilize current sales of current models.

Short of it being release tomorrow and shown, not sure how much more you can realistically expect them to say as to not tank the already lack luster sales for 2023 models.

TheDerb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
It's possible but seems unlikely they would have even bothered spending on a refresh for a single model year, especially things like re-rating towing and payload if it was a dead model walking.
The interior of the Wrangler and Gladiator are identical. From a SKU/parts perspective, this refresh served as a consolidation and a money saving effort- It's more expensive to continue to produce 8.4" and 7" uconnect screens and their adjacent parts- which is really the entire dash fascia- than it is to put the 12" screen, new vents, fascia, etc, in every vehicle. fewer parts to order, and less SKU Fatigue.

I suspect the towing/ payload is an ECU tweak that more than likely just changed a certain value in a SQL Table somewhere to allow them to state a higher tow rating. The mechanical adjustments were probably very, very minimal, but we'll have to wait and see on that.

TheDerb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
Jim Morrison has specifically mentioned the 4xe gladiator twice now. Once on the trail recon video where he was asked about future gladiator power trains and said 4xe. Now at the NAIAS where he was asked about the gladiator and mentioned 4xe. They have not shown ANY 4xe models years in advance, only NEW all electric models that would not cannabilize current sales of current models.

Short of it being release tomorrow and shown, not sure how much more you can realistically expect them to say as to not tank the already lack luster sales for 2023 models.
Both the NAIAS "its safe to assume its on the horizon" and the Trail Recon "Some sort of electrification...thats what we're working on with the gladiator" are statements people make when they don't want to tank their shares.

I understand you think this means something, but it really doesn't. Jim Morrison is very truly in a position where he is responsible for maintaining a good relationship with the stakeholders of Stellantis. The answers he provided in both of those cases say nothing more than "We told the world that we were electifying all of our vehicles. if you want to assume, it's ok, and that's what we are working on. For the Gladiator". It doesn't mean that there has even been an ounce of success with it, or that they aren't planning on stopping the model for years and bringing it back later as a completely electric vehicle. I honestly think it's going to be the latter.

All that being said, they could announce it tomorrow, and I could look like a horses ass. Or, they could terminate the Gladiator next year and say it's coming back all electric. It's just good fun to speculate. But overall, Jim Morrison literally could not give any other answer to the questions than he did in both of those videos, or he would have caused his company a crisis.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
The interior of the Wrangler and Gladiator are identical. From a SKU/parts perspective, this refresh served as a consolidation and a money saving effort- It's more expensive to continue to produce 8.4" and 7" uconnect screens and their adjacent parts- which is really the entire dash fascia- than it is to put the 12" screen, new vents, fascia, etc, in every vehicle. fewer parts to order, and less SKU Fatigue.

I suspect the towing/ payload is an ECU tweak that more than likely just changed a certain value in a SQL Table somewhere to allow them to state a higher tow rating. The mechanical adjustments were probably very, very minimal, but we'll have to wait and see on that.
Except thats not true. Because the interior is completely different in terms of shape, protection, and structure, new seats, new side curtain airbags, new dash mean that they have to re-send the truck through safety testing which is a huge unecessary spend on something that will be dead soon. On top of that the new grille means new pedestrian safety and crash testing, the new tow rating means they paid for new SAE testing, and the new payload rating had to be recalc'd and certified based on new components. Again not stuff you do for a model that will be dead in less than 12 months. Only a fool would take the bet that they would spend potentially millions on a refresh for a vehicle that will only survive a few months when they had a perfectly adequate edition already.

He also could have easily answered that question by stopping at "Nothing to announce today" since the question was directly asked about the gladiator. Short of coming out and giving a date its the closest thing to confirmation he can give when he could have been substantially more vague or non-commital in both interviews. For some reason this forum thinks that they're going to kill off what has been up until this year the 2nd or 3rd best selling midsize truck with the highest profit margins in the sector all because, I'm not really sure. By that logic ford must be killing off the ranger and GMC must be killing the canyon too since they sell less.
Sponsored